Forget satellite or cable. If you have broadband all you need is this.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I've just signed up with Netflix and all I can say is WOW!

I decided to take the plunge as it was a rainy day with not much to do. It only took me five minutes to sign up and I was watching something that it chose for me on my computer.

I then installed it on my Wii which is hooked up to my projector.

I subscribe to a 1.5mb plan from Delancer and it works perfectly. I have also found out that I am two whole series behind on 24. I have just had a three hour Jack Baur fest on my huge screen without any buffering or loss of service. The picture quality is also surprisingly good too.

What a great way to spend a rainy day!

Your first month is free and then it's $7.99 a month. No contracts and you can cancel any time you want. Just brilliant!!!

(By the way, I am in no way affiliated with Netflix, I just thought it was worth sharing)

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I'm curious as well. As far as I know, you have to set up a VPN connection to a US host. And those can be expensive and/or unreliably slow.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I'm curious as well. As far as I know, you have to set up a VPN connection to a US host. And those can be expensive and/or unreliably slow.
Yes,I had to get Hidemyass for the vpn.About $11.00 a month,cheaper if you go with 3 or 6 or 1 year.
I found that downloading the latest movies is cheaper,I use oneclickmoviez,then use megashare to download.Only $15.00 for 3 months,unlimited downloads,and all movies and tv are new.Netflix is mostly older movies,but it is also ok.
bob

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Maybe it had something to do with my internet provider which is Comcast via Delancer cable. When i do an IP trace it says that I am in Fort Lauderdale!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Maybe it had something to do with my internet provider which is Comcast via Delancer cable. When i do an IP trace it says that I am in Fort Lauderdale!

That's the reason why you can watch Netflix. Try accessing Pandora and Hulu.

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
If you have one of the higher priced plans like 1.5 or faster some of the ISP give you an usa ip address automatically otherwise you will need to use a proxy or vpn to access netflix, pandora, or such.

I know cable del norte gives you an usa ip address with the 1.5 plan and higher. I have been using netflix streaming over here for the last year or so.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
HotSpot Shield

That's the reason why you can watch Netflix. Try accessing Pandora and Hulu.

I am accessing Pandora and Hulu using Hotspot Shield.

If someone finds a similar program that runs under Linux, let me know.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
If you have a comcast sign in you can also access XFinityTV. There you can watch up to date recorded versions of most of the tv series and movies. It's worth a try.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net

Last edited: