French Passports 'accidentally' sent from Santo Domingo embassy to Yemen (Mid E)

americanfriend

May 3, 2011
I am outraged and concerned.
I am dealing with a friend who is trying to come into the US to visit. He is a French citizen and decided to try to come in on a tourist visa. He needed a new passport with 6 month expiration. Applied for a new birth certificate which was sent to the French Embassy in Santo Domingo directly from France. When he called to ask about it they had no idea where it was, even though it was delivered, supposedly to Dominca, he never did receive it. So it was lost completely - this was the FIRST red flag. Then he had a friend hand deliver a birth certificate from France upon receipt he took it to the embassy to make a request for a new passport. After weeks of waiting he called and received no answer for days, then when he did finally get through they informed him that they had inadvertently sent the passport to Yemen (supposedly along with 17 others) If you don't know where Yemen is it is the poorest of ALL arab nations with the most AlQueida operations IN THE WORLD> to top it off this man refuses to report this to the French authorities stating that its 'not a big deal' I say that if your birth certificate and passport go missing within an embassy and are then sent to Yemen in Saudi Arabia its a pretty big deal - AM I CRAZY HERE???? Is there anyone who disagrees with me on this? What do you think should be done about this? Any advice is helpfull!

Feels like there is something strange with this story......... And i find it hard to believe that a embassy also saying to your friend: ""Oh im sorry we ****ed up and sendt your passport, along with 17other passports to a mr been ladeen in yemen.""

Anyway, all passports/documents are beeing sendt from embassy to embassy with diplomatic shipments. So if there is some kind of mistake all the papers will be returned to the embassy who sendt the documents at first.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am French who has been doing all my paperwork outside of France for nearly 15 years. STORY DOES NOT ADD UP.

What is it ? Bin Laden is alive using a French passport ? :)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Feels like there is something strange with this story......... And i find it hard to believe that a embassy also saying to your friend: ""Oh im sorry we ****ed up and sendt your passport, along with 17other passports to a mr been ladeen in yemen.""

Anyway, all passports/documents are beeing sendt from embassy to embassy with diplomatic shipments. So if there is some kind of mistake all the papers will be returned to the embassy who sendt the documents at first.

**** happens... few weeks ago a guy in Toronto received a box of immigration applications from Cubans at his house - his wifes application was included !!! They blasted immigration for that and rightfully so !

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
NOTE to original poster:

This is a quote from your post:
"When he called to ask about it they had no idea where it was, even though it was delivered, supposedly to Dominca, he never did receive it."
Are you looking for a message board for Dominica or the Dominican Republic?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
OOOPS I missed the BIG HEADLINE with Santo Domingo in it. Scratch my last message.