whole wheat anyone?

sush

Mar 9, 2011
hello there!

i used to buy "harina integral" from el nacional in the city and even in san pedro de macoris, it was from Gold Medal -brand- but now i went to most of nacionals in the east, i even went to iberia where they sell the Gold Medal lot but they do not have the whole wheat lot, do you know where i can find this type of wheat? i dont mind the brand at all.
i live in Juan dolio, any place in sto dgo, spm or romana will be fine! please help!!

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I am also looking for that. Here in La Vega, La Sirena used to stock that. But do not see that nowadays.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
It may be you can find a farmer in the hills and grind it yourself - i have seen wholegrain wheat here in LT.
When you buy it there is some chaf - for small quantities you need a pestle and mortar for large quantities
a ball grinder - use river stones.

When I re-appropriated wheat as a child I used these methods.

Stone ground whole wheat flour - great.

Yanandu

sush

Mar 9, 2011
I am also looking for that. Here in La Vega, La Sirena used to stock that. But do not see that nowadays.

i havent try la Sirena at santo domingo i will stop by when im close, but yes it just dissapear from all supermarkets!! i think we are looking for it for the same purpose! INDIAN Rotis or "parotas" sorry dont know how to write that! well lets see i will keep looking if you find it please let me know! my panjabi is not the same! :)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It may be you can find a farmer in the hills and grind it yourself - i have seen wholegrain wheat here in LT.
When you buy it there is some chaf - for small quantities you need a pestle and mortar for large quantities
a ball grinder - use river stones.

When I re-appropriated wheat as a child I used these methods.

Stone ground whole wheat flour - great.

Yanandu

Here is a link to the annual wheat production of the DR.

Dominican Republic Wheat Production by Year (1000 MT)

:cool:

It is exactly what I thought it would be.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
We are in need of Trigo. I saw the Cafe Monte Alto in Vega Real. But that supermarket is specific to La vega.
I haven't seen Gold Medal in a while, but there are other brands of Integral avena available in La Sirena, National, and Jumbo here in the city.

I'm still waiting for Cafe Monte Alto to show up again........

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
whole wheat flour

Carrefour in SD has bio (organic) whole wheat flour from France. It is in the bio section next to the frozen food.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
YAY!! yesterday i stopped by the Iberia supermarket to buy something and i went to check again just in case and they had the lot!!! and it is the Gold Medal one so you guys who also need it may go again by Nacional supermarkets who also carry that brand, they guy in the hall told me they arrived just 2 days ago!! if u go Iberia in San pedro you may only find one... :) thats all i left there hahahaha