Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Professional Dress Code

Hello,

I am new to the forum and did a search to see if I could find information about my question but did not really find one that directly matched my question.

I am scheduled to be in the DR for about two months. I will be working in a professional setting. I am a female in her mid 30's. I am having trouble figuring out what clothes to pack for when I am working.

As far as tops go, what is considered professional?
    Are open toed shoes ok?
    I don't really want to wear suits, but I will be packing some just in case.

For casual dress, I have a lot of dresses with cardigans to wear.

Can anyone give me some advice on what is acceptable.

Thanks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend pant suits
    . like Hillary Clinton wears.Solid colors.As far as shoes go,anything goes here.Big earrings.Colorful neck scarfs.Large necklaces and pins.Casual dress is slacks.Shorts for the beach,or a day in the country.Designer jeans are ok to go out at night to most clubs.Some places have "Casual Fridays".
    cris

3. Likes SKing liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    You left out a few details, wwwwwwwwait....somebody must have hacked your accccccccount!

tio tambo'
    Can't go wrong if you pack a few Oscad de La Renta outfits.

Girls in the bank love them!

Oscar de la Renta

You can buy at most airports.

Yanandu

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well depending on where you're from, you may find it 'hot' here. I did for the first 2 years. Try to find thin thin thin natural fabrics, linen, wool, and cotton, not polyester. Still even though it's hot, sadly it's not 'normal' to wear hot weather clothes like it is in professional settings in Jamaica or Barbados. Here you should dress like you're going to church - suits, pants, and not beach sandals. again it depends on the setting, if you're a maid no, but if you're working in an office, then yes usually.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my daughters in law works in a bank. She wears a suit (pants, white blouse and jacket) closed medium heels.

Since most truly professional offices are air conditiones, there is no big deal as to the cloth used.

Be professional.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimbjorkland View Post
    Well depending on where you're from, you may find it 'hot' here. I did for the first 2 years. Try to find thin thin thin natural fabrics, linen, wool, and cotton, not polyester. Still even though it's hot, sadly it's not 'normal' to wear hot weather clothes like it is in professional settings in Jamaica or Barbados. Here you should dress like you're going to church - suits, pants, and not beach sandals. again it depends on the setting, if you're a maid no, but if you're working in an office, then yes usually.
    An excellent response ,,thin natural fabrics are the answer ,so avoid the dreadful smelly polyester,and dress as you may be going to church ,I have noticed many professional women wearing very nice skirts with an attractive belt and a blouse and always heels a little higher than in europe ..Yes, the capital is more formal than you would expect in a hot climate but I like it that way

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The ladies professional suits are made by hand here and generally fairly economical if you want to go that route and take no more than a week to make. Also, tight fitting clothes seem to be the norm for ladies that still aren't doņas yet.

9. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell us what your profession is? What kind of an office or setting will you be working in? In many cases it will depend a great deal on the area and profession! What city are you going to work in? That too may have a bearing.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just don't wear your pants so tight that you have a camel toe... I've seen it on "Professionals"

12. Likes Reese liked this post
    Advertiser
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by la_barbie View Post
    Just don't wear your pants so tight that you have a camel toe... I've seen it on "Professionals"
    That made me laugh out loud Vey true though...
    Punta Cana Destination Management Company
    http://dr1.com/directories/Caribbean-Dream.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast