Dominican Vets CIB

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Last year in Santo Domingo I saw a sharp looking Dominican Army Sergeant wearing a CIB. I asked himif he had served in Afghanistan and he said yes. I of course thanked him for his service. Does anyone have any information about the Dominican Army or other service troops who served?

May 12, 2005
Last year in Santo Domingo I saw a sharp looking Dominican Army Sergeant wearing a CIB. I asked himif he had served in Afghanistan and he said yes. I of course thanked him for his service. Does anyone have any information about the Dominican Army or other service troops who served?

One of the guys I work with is a Lt. Colonel in the Army Reserves. He is attached to a MP battalion. He was in Iraq and worked with Dominican soldiers. I believe Hipolito was still President at that time. He said the Dominicans were used to guard a POW camp. He also said they were very competent at what they did. I hope this helps.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
One of the guys I work with is a Lt. Colonel in the Army Reserves. He is attached to a MP battalion. He was in Iraq and worked with Dominican soldiers. I believe Hipolito was still President at that time. He said the Dominicans were used to guard a POW camp. He also said they were very competent at what they did. I hope this helps.
If memory serves me correctly, when troops were withdrawn, they were delayed in Kuwait as Hipolito couldn't raise airfare for their return to the DR.