Unlimited Calls to D.R. Cell Phones

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
vonage.jpg

Vonage World Calling Plans. Worldwide Phone Service. Shop & Compare.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
wow @ $54.99/month. seems like a good deal if you need to call lots of cell phones in DR and free over 80 countries, including : mexico, UK, colombia etc.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
It sounds great! But, I will bet once you start using a lot of free Dominican Cell minutes they might invoke their right to cancel.

see fine print:
"?Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential use by single-family household members. A combination of factors are used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, international calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service."

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I have that plan and what they don't tell you that there is a limit of 3000 minutes a month. I got the e-mil saying that high use violates their TOS (TERMS OF SERVICE) BUt still very much worth it.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
A few things I wanted to share about this new plan.

I wanted to use with my cellphone, but you need to be in the continental US to use Vonage Extensions (adding a cellphone to your plan). So I couldn't use it that way.

One more thing that I wanted to point out: the plan's $54.99, but the taxes are $15.00. The total comes out to a little over $70/mo, which is still a great deal but is nowhere close to the advertised $54.99 price.

My two cents...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It sounds great! But, I will bet once you start using a lot of free Dominican Cell minutes they might invoke their right to cancel.

see fine print:
"?Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential use by single-family household members. A combination of factors are used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, international calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service."

Remember the Magic Jack scam a few yeras ago?

Some ingenious Dominicano managed to hook up several computers to his MJ and was selling call time to his customers.
Brilliant !! Crooked, but brilliant !!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I have that plan and what they don't tell you that there is a limit of 3000 minutes a month. I got the e-mil saying that high use violates their TOS (TERMS OF SERVICE) BUt still very much worth it.

Our family upgraded to the cell phone portion...... Previously had the one that just included landlines....... Within the first month we also got the same emails.............threatening to shut it off for going over 3000 minutes...........

gf1025

May 5, 2009
Unless you got to call the Novia(o) every night I think the regular world unlimited plan will save who don't call every day and talk for hours more money. My mom, who (according to Vonage) spoke 900 minutes last month (both residentail and cell minutes) still only got a bill for $41 last month (including taxes). The rate per minute for cell calls is not that high. Provided you don't talk for hours about el vecino, etc....I guess it depends on how much ppl talk on a daily basis.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I've been using Vonage for about one year now, I got the basic plan: $ 25. monthly only to call landlines. Now I'm enjoying the new feature that allow me to call from anywhere using my cellphone calling a Vonage number + pin number...

Great plan!

JJ