Black and Decker Workmate

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Does anyone know where to buy a Black and Decker Workmate or similar on the north coast - I live in Rio San Juan. Does anyone have one for sale? I need it for my new business making sofas.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, I bought the Black & Decker workmate that was made out of compressed particle board sandwiched between hard layers. I say was because it started falling apart due to the humidity and heat within a year. I am not skilled but perhaps a custom made for your purpose work table with adjustable screw clamps would be the best option. Good luck

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have never seen one here, only my one.

I had someone mule one down for me 4-5 years ago, it's invaluable here.

It's still in excellent condition (no wood issues) and still freaks Dominicans out when they see it :)

IMG_0096.jpg

les1

Feb 1, 2007
workmate

Thanks for that - I thought that would happen and could replace the top with timber. Where did you buy it? Or do you still have it?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Black & Decker"...WORKmate,Is Banned By The DR Government!!!!!

It has the word,"WORK
in it's name. They thought it would be a bad example to Dominicans! Perhaps that's why it "Freaks Out" the Dominicans.
It is NOT illegal for "Foreigners" to use it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

les1

Feb 1, 2007
black and decker

I'd like some practical help here, not some a...hole suggesting that dominicans are adverse to work, cause I could introduce said a...hole to a number of dominicans who could put him to shame.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
No such thing here. I've looked in all the ferret shops. I ended up bringing one over from the UK.
Some tradesmen can be quite skilled with a welder and a lathe. I've seen things like long screw jack threads and various other related hardware in Ochoa, Santiago. If you find anyone who could make one, I will happily lend you mine to use as a template. In fact I do know of a machine shop in Santiago near plaza Jumbo that could probably fabricate one. I'm in Cabarete.

gandolf50

Apr 17, 2011
Good Morning, I bought the Black & Decker workmate that was made out of compressed particle board sandwiched between hard layers. I say was because it started falling apart due to the humidity and heat within a year. I am not skilled but perhaps a custom made for your purpose work table with adjustable screw clamps would be the best option. Good luck

Why not replace the particle board with some exterior grade plywood ? If you are handy it should not be too difficult.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I have come up with a solution. I have 3 workmates in the UK a Black and Decker, Wolfe and Draper. The Draper is the most basic and the top (mechanism) unbolts from the legs as does the jaws. So what is left is small and light and the most important bit and I can make new jaws and legs in the DR.