Don Antonio hotel...good? ...other similar in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
Was wondering if anyone stayed here or know about this hotel.

It is the best value for money hotel I could find for now (at least I think so) from just looking at websites, pictures and prices.

Here is the link:
Hotel Sosua *** | Hotel Don Antonio - The Hotel in the Heart of Sosua

I guess it could be a bit noisy as it is close to the main road but perhaps it is copable?

Otherwise the rooms and pool look nice and there are many things nearby.

sandongero

Dec 22, 2009
Don Antonio hotel good low-budget

I am not an expert on Sosua, but I like to visit the beaches of Caberete and Sosua regularly when passing through the north coast. I have stayed in that hotel several times for 1 or two days per visit. Staff is nice and speaks English (at least Ob? does, he's dominican and a real gentleman), rooms are fair, but no more than 2* really. Pool is simple and clean, bar is good and prices are fair (no 'working ladies' at the bar). I find it a great spot where you literally can crawl to and from the bar strip ;-). I also like the fact that I can park my car inside the gates. However, it is not a place to impress your girlfriend on a romantic trip ;-). I never had diner or breakfast at the hotel and I am pretty sure you will need to get that somewhere else, but that should not be a problem as there are many great restaurants and lunchrooms in walking distance. The rooms facing the street can be very noisy with the blinds open. I'd say the bar and the pool are peaceful enough to read a book on a lazy day. Do bear in mind that you are very close to the main road and the bar strip so there will always be some noise from motoconchos noisy cars and people having fun. That's Sosua!

Status
Not open for further replies.