Dermatologist Santo Domingo, La Romana or Punta Cana area?

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in the Santo Domingo, La Romana or Punta Cana areas?
Preferably one who accepts Humano ARS insurance.
Have some dodgey looking moles :-(
thanks

Rufo

Apr 4, 2011
I don't live in DR yet but my sister lives in La Romana and she swears by the physicians at Cl?nica Canela. They have one dermatologist there (DRA. MARIA ARIAS).

You can check it out:

CLINICA CANELA I
Av. Libertad No. 44
La Romana
Dominican Republic
T. 809-556-3135
F. 809-550-5100

CLINICA CANELA II
Av. Padre Abreu No. 21
La Romana
Dominican Republic
T. 809-813-3135
F. 809-813-4030

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Thanks Rufo, I've been recommended one at Hospiten in Bavaro but will keep Clinica Canela in mind.

I'd previously heard that everyone at Casa De Campo raves about Clinica Canela but I have to say I found their gynocology services a bit lacking - very old and grubby examination room, the doctora didn't ask anything about my medical history (which was completely relevant to the issue and treatment) and seemed more keen on handing out prescriptions for medicine I didn't need.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
btw the center I went to was Clinica Canela but it was on Benito Moncion (the road that runs parallel to the river) one block behind Av Libertad and the Palacio de Justicia. It's where they do mamograms so maybe that was their old clinic and the one on Av. Padre Abreu is more modern?