Help re printer???

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
This surely could only happen in the DR.... I recently got a new printer, Canon Pixma MP250. Between the platen glass and the tray below (a relatively sealed unit it seems although there is a join between the two layers) an army of small ants have made a new home!!! What I noticed was, what looked like, someone had emptied an ash tray in there (without the cigarette ends) and I can find no way of opening the two layers to get rid of the little creatures and their belongings.

Any ideas folks or do you know of a printer repairer who could take a look and help me? Ideally, I need someone who is nearby to Sabaneta or perhaps Cabarete/ Sosua.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Behind Bailey's in Sosua is a computer store. There is a guy there that can fix it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Agree with cc (uh, oh). Ants are attracted to electric flow. In Florida they would stop an electric stove from working when their electrocuted bodies would stop the connection to the burners. Had to disconnect the burners, remove ant cadavers and plug back in. Good business for stove repairmen.