Dominican style carwash discos on the northcoast

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
I am thinking music like bachata, merengue and salsa firstmost.

What I know so far:

Puerto Plata: Terraza Caribe, Ojivis, La Canita....
Sosua: ?
Cabarete: WOW
Sabanete: (Don't remember its name but its near a gas station then there is also a smaller place with some pool tables when closing Sabanete from Caberete)

There are many small carwash like places also.

In and near Cabarete there are at least two more. One is on the road between Sosua and Puerto Plata.

Would be interesting to know if there are any places like that in Sosua...perhaps there is a bar that plays music like that...I know of a restaurant that is said to have a dancefloor...think its name was Red's or something.

WOW is a nice place but had way to little people last time I was there.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
In Puerto Plata Ojilvys is closed and there is also Ranch Tipico just west of the city.

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
Oh yeah...thanks, updating my list.

Rancho Tipico is not my favourite place cause they play too much....well...tipico haha...but its the biggest carwash-like place probably yes...

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Also in Puerto Plata there is El Caball?n (very near Teraza Caribe) (spelling?) and Ori?n, same general area but nearer the Malec?n. Ori?n mixes in a lot more "North American" disco music than the other venues mentioned.

La Canita also plays too much "tipico" for me. I cannot abide that stuff!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
sosua closed also about three years ago, thank goodness as the bass beat was very annoying

Jan 22, 2010
Puerto Plata....

Well Ojilvis is still open but it sucks now, sometimes they don't even have Presidente beers lol

Other place that is still open is Don Memo which is the former Cubacana (entrance San Marcos)

but if you want cheaper beers and good mixed dominican music just visit the colmadons

In Puerto Plata Charly in 16th street is the best, but other smaller places are available.

T.E.

web

Nov 5, 2005
Charlo is good on 16th street and there is good Carne Ensalada there. Orion now has a for sale sign and Enigma is closed on the Malecon. Tough business these days. The colmados are always a good bet. El Furgon on Wed. nights is always packed. 6 grandes for $300 pesos in a bucket with ice. Caballon, La Canita, Rancho Tipico in good and Banana's Place in Costambar on Saturday nights.

Puerto Plata....

Well Ojilvis is still open but it sucks now, sometimes they don't even have Presidente beers lol

Other place that is still open is Don Memo which is the former Cubacana (entrance San Marcos)

but if you want cheaper beers and good mixed dominican music just visit the colmadons

In Puerto Plata Charly in 16th street is the best, but other smaller places are available.

T.E.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Charlo is good on 16th street and there is good Carne Ensalada there. Orion now has a for sale sign and Enigma is closed on the Malecon. Tough business these days. The colmados are always a good bet. El Furgon on Wed. nights is always packed. 6 grandes for $300 pesos in a bucket with ice. Caballon, La Canita, Rancho Tipico in good and Banana's Place in Costambar on Saturday nights.

This is the place in POP for the mid week and Sunday nights. OP, La Canita is not a car was, and you will find more Salsa played there on weekend now. AS DMV stated, Ranch Tipico is a must on weekends. They are really the only place that provides local groups along with an excellent DJ during intermissions. Chalos (not Charlos) and next door is Charley's are primary street side bars for locals with no dancing facilities. In Sosua, I would suggest La Rumba for a variety of music you are asking about which has dancing available inside, especially on weekends.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
In Santiago; Lavadero Kelvin on Av. 27 de febrero two minutes away from POP highway, plaza Pe?a on Av. franco Bido Nibaje and Plaza Gomez Diaz on Av. Hispano Americana....
Pretty girls and cold Presidentes in theses car wash. No one cares about car clean up, men are looking for fun and sex that's all...

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.