Agrimensores - How to Become a Surveyor in the Dominican Republic?

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
I would like to know the process to become an Agrimensor in the Dominican Republic. Is there any sort of GPS / GIS certification process available or needed in country to be a certified surveyor (if there is such a thing?)

How can one get qualified to measure and report land boundaries for the ultimate goal of obtaining deslindes for clients, etc? I was told that all you would need to find an engineer willing to 'sign for' your GPS work for it to be valid.

Thank you.

Russ Offord
Jarabacoa Map
http://www.jarabacoa.org/

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There are foreigners that have been able to get licensed here and I know a German one in La Romana. You need to contact CODIA about the requirement and they will send you to the UASD in SD for verification. I have an old number for UASD 809-535/8273 EXTS. 3045, 3044. Gladi Valdez was who I talked to about getting my engineering licensure, "execuatur" here in the DR.

www.codia.org.do
Requisitos para solicitud de rev

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Agrimensura certification / verification / qualifications

Hi Chip,

Thanks. I see that UASD has a 5 semester program here: Agrimensura Program

Besides courses available from Dominican universities and/or qualifying for equivalents... Does anyone know if there are any regulations on who can and who can not qualify to do official / legal Agrimensura / Surveying work in the Dominican Republic for the purpose of determining property boundaries for the process involved with obtaining Deslindes titles for properties.

Does one have to take the UASD program and/or have a North American equivalent degree / certificate to qualify to do Agrimensura or be recognized as a legitimate Agrimensor?

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Any surveying license or certification needed in the DR?

Hello everyone... for further clarification of my question...

Of the list at the end of USAD's Escuela de Agrimensura webpage, stating what graduates of the program will be 'able to do', I am most interested in these two:

• Perform all land surface measurements necessary for the purposes of ownership registration and prepare the corresponding plats / cadastral plans.
  • Carry out appraisals of rural and urban land.

What I would really like to know is this: Do you need any officially recognized certification or license to do that specific type of surveying work in the Dominican Republic?

Thanks!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
First - of course you need a license.

CODIA is what administers this and I already provided the link.

UASD merely has the task of certifying your education is up to CODIA standards. I never at any point mentioned that one has to take classes. If you don't understand what the documents and webpage say use google translate. This is the only way to do it.