Isla Saona Photos

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Just thought I would post a few photos I took from a recent group trip to Isla Soana. We were fortunate to have beautiful weather and, simply put, a great day at the beach :)

http://caribbeandreamto.net/wp-content/uploads/boat-isla-saona.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://caribbeandreamto.net/wp-content/uploads/rum-isla-saona.jpg

water-isla-saona.jpg

shade-isla-saona.jpg

vendor-isla-saona.jpg

sand-isla-saona.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Absolutely stunning....I love this trip...we take friends everytime they come down, we have been in that tropical oasis five times thus far....

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Where is this? How far from Santiago? How much is a trip, or is it included in an A1 stay?

SHALENA

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Where is this? How far from Santiago? How much is a trip, or is it included in an A1 stay?

SHALENA

Bayahibe, the jump off point to Isla Saona, is about a 4 hour drive from Santiago. It is the #1 solicited excursion in the Dominican Republic and it is not included in an AI stay. At least I know of no resort that includes the excursion.

Isla Saona is a must visit and an awe-inspiring beach that was used by the Bounty Chocolate bar as the quintessential Caribbean beach in their ads :)

We also offer excursions to Isla Saona and neighboring Isla Catalina. You can see our tour options by visiting our our ad on dr1 and going to our website: Caribbean Dream - Tours & Excursions - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. :)

dondada

Aug 20, 2008
New Orleans - Louisiana
Isla Saona

Took the excursion on October 3, 2012; transportation provided to/from Bavaro to Bayahibe. The new highway is amazing. Catamaran to the island. Rum and cola served on the catamaran; music and dancing also. The island is very nice. Bohemia beer and food was provided (chicken, fish, fruit, vegetables and salad). There was a sauce served with the fish/chicken that had capers, cilantro and other herbs and spices. Anyone know what it was? Very Good!

I like to swim so all I did was swim, drink beer and enjoy the beach. We boarded a passenger boat and went to the National Park – Sand Beach. The water here was amazing! Visiting the Sand Beach was worth the trip.

Great experience!