Headed to Santiago Next Week and Need Photo Preservation Tips...

jet

Jan 12, 2009
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding photo preservation.

My mother brought all of the old family photos to her new house in Santiago. She is complaining that the year-round heat is destroying them.

I?ll be heading to Santiago next week and I would like to surprise her with some photo preservation techniques.

Are there any photo enthusiasts out there in the Dominican Republic who have any suggestions on how to prevent heat damage on photos?

I?ll really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
My first thought is
scanning them to a cd first of all
get frames with mats ,so the photo does not stick to the glass
thats all I got
Manu

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Studio A on Juan Pablo Duarte will help you scan and preserve the photos. Just next to Colegio de la Salle, on the corner of On?simo Jim?nez.

Cordially,

HB

jet

Jan 12, 2009
Thank you, bri777 and Hillbilly! I'll try Studio A for sure. Should I tell them that you sent me, Hillbilly? Thanks! :)

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding photo preservation.

My mother brought all of the old family photos to her new house in Santiago. She is complaining that the year-round heat is destroying them.

I’ll be heading to Santiago next week and I would like to surprise her with some photo preservation techniques.

Are there any photo enthusiasts out there in the Dominican Republic who have any suggestions on how to prevent heat damage on photos?

I’ll really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Dry them, seal in packets with silica gel and store in fridge.

Make copies with good digital camera and tripod arrangement and archive the images on the web.

Yanandu

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Dry them, seal in packets with silica gel and store in fridge.

Make copies with good digital camera and tripod arrangement and archive the images on the web.

Yanandu

Now how will their Mom see the photos??????????????

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Why would anybody keep photos in a frdge (moisture)?
wrong way to go

but they sell acidfree photopages and boxes for storage
Manu