Why would you kill someone?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Things are getting a tad out of control I think. In a hotel/restaurant in Juan Dolio last night the watchyman went into the office where the waitress was watching television (another busy night) and wanted to change the channel. She stabbed him to death, I assume as she was watching some novella, and then did a runner. Full story second one down on this blog. http://www.macorisdelmar.com/.

I know people get killed over games of dominoes, and one was murdered in Bani once for farting so i am told, but changing television channels???!!!

Matilda

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I agree, yes we will hear from the 'it happens everywhere' brigade, but seriously, it is all getting a bit mental. I am seriously considering my future here and if here then where I want to live. All these murders in people own homes has me wondering where we are safe, and if I am allowed to speak out of tone with anyone here without the prospect of being stabbed as I leave my front gate.
Men here are well known for the aggressive arguments and so on, strong mind and loud mouth. I think we are going to be seeing less of this as people are being murdered for farting, jeesuss, wtf!!!

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I guess the pressures of living in NAL's and Pichardo's paradise is getting to the ordinary public.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Everone has a killer intinct in them. People with short fuses will resort to killing faster than a level headed person.

People sexually frustrated will kill even faster. Maybe she was the latter.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Killed For "FARTING"????????????????????

No more"BANDERA" for me!!!!!!!:surprised

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Things are getting a tad out of control I think. In a hotel/restaurant in Juan Dolio last night the watchyman went into the office where the waitress was watching television (another busy night) and wanted to change the channel. She stabbed him to death, I assume as she was watching some novella, and then did a runner. Full story second one down on this blog. http://www.macorisdelmar.com/.

I know people get killed over games of dominoes, and one was murdered in Bani once for farting so i am told, but changing television channels???!!!

Matilda

We Dominican get pi$$ off if somebody change the channel that we are watching. I almost killed my big brother for changing the channel when I was watching my favorite program. I find nothing more annoying than changing the channel without the person who is watching TV permission.

I would say the biggest fights between brothers and sisters is due to channel changing without permission.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We Dominican get pi$$ off if somebody change the channel that we are watching. I almost killed my big brother for changing the channel when I was watching my favorite program. I find nothing more annoying than changing the channel without the person who is watching TV permission.

I would say the biggest fights between brothers and sisters is due to channel changing without permission.

Reading this I just had a major deja-vu of our son and daughter fighting over the TV. Mind you, they each had a TV in their rooms, but , no, they had to have control of the one in the den. Must be from the Dominican side :cheeky::cheeky:

AE

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
criss colon observes

Killed For "FARTING"????????????????????
No more"BANDERA" for me!!!!!!!

i just ate my last helping of habichuelas con dulce

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010

Wow, I think that shows what we are dealing with here, I just went and bought another TV and put it in the bedroom, 5000pesos and less stress than killing my girl for switching to friends in the middle of top gear.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Reading this I just had a major deja-vu of our son and daughter fighting over the TV. Mind you, they each had a TV in their rooms, but , no, they had to have control of the one in the den. Must be from the Dominican side :cheeky::cheeky:

AE

Yes is the Dominican side, I don't know what it is, but we get pretty mad when we don't have control of the TV. When I was still living with my parents, we only had two TVs in the house, one in the living and one in my parents bedroom. I used to take the remote control with me to college, so when I come back, I could have the TV for myself. For some reason nobody used the TV if they couldn't find the remote control.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Wow, I think that shows what we are dealing with here, I just went and bought another TV and put it in the bedroom, 5000pesos and less stress than killing my girl for switching to friends in the middle of top gear.

Best thing you had done, because you can be sure that she will kill you if you change her "Novela".

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

good think we both like top gear in our household :)

there was an article some time ago about a guy who went to edenorte office to complain about his bill and was shot by the guard.

miesposo told me there was a dude in santiago who stopped at the lights and had one of them window cleaners jump up to wash his car. dude said "no" and the kid washed it anyway, so the driver got out of the car and shot the boy. maybe someone can confirm the story.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The sad thing is none of this shocks me, it seems absolutely run of the mill DR, big problem in my mind these days, considering I can live anywhere in the world I want to, it is an option to live amongst this Bull$hit.

Last year as the school was coming out, I witnessed 2 parents get into a car squeezing contest, (mind is bigger than yours but I can still squeeze it through this gap), one pulled out his gun, stuck it out the window and infront of a road full of school children shot only just above their heads, not a thought in his mind about where the bullet was going.
Apart from seeing a young guy shot 6 times by the police in Sosua once while he went down after the first, that is the worst thing I've seen, or most ruthless should I say.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
The sad thing is none of this shocks me, it seems absolutely run of the mill DR, big problem in my mind these days, considering I can live anywhere in the world I want to, it is an option to live amongst this Bull$hit.

Anywhere in the world, where you choose to settle in the future, you will find a lot of Bull$hit/Bull?rap. Now you are only seeing the Bull$hit in the DR because you live there.

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
Is this thread for real? People getting shot for farting or changing the channel on the TV? I would think there is more to the story than that. On this forum people talk about dominicans like they are stone age savages and no one seems to have a problem with it. How many kids go into schools here and kill a dozen fellow students??? How many serial killers are in the news here like Charles Manson? I am not dominican, but have lived here for a while, in a poor barrio, where I am the only "gringo" and the people, while they may not have much, are not bad people like most make them out to be. If this is such a horrible place with "crazies" here then the solution is simple. Leave!!!