Danilo Medina,PLD Party Candidate For President of The DR Should Post On DR1.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Those of us who actually live,work,and raise families here in the DR,(as opposed to DR "Wannabees",those who have spent a week at an "AI",and those who live outside the DR),are often criticized for some of our posts deemed critical to the DR and it's citizens.
Danilo Medina is not one of those.He is the candidate of the PLD political party for president of the DR.
Does he,at least,have the right to criticize the DR,and it's people?
I certainly hope so!
This weekend "Danilo" stated that the DR does not have a culture of honesty!
I would say that "Dominicans are liars! He was "Politically Correct","PC",I,will NEVER be!
He went on to say that Dominican bureaucrats go around with stylish young women because they give them trips,cars and apartments,often purchased with public money.
I say that they are thieves,liars,and corrupt!(I guess the "METRO" has benefited some Dominicans after all)
I have visited the DR since 1986.I have lived here since 1995,I worked here for ten years,I live with my Dominican wife,a Dominican stepson,my 3 kids,my wife's parents and younger sister(Who pays 4,000 pesos a month rent) and a Dominican maid.I pay thousands of pesos a month in taxes,most of which goes to corrupt "Politicos"!
I have earned the "right" to "BITCH",have you?
To those who say;
"If you don't love it,leave it"!I say;"Walk a few miles in our shoes here,before you think you know all there is to know about the DR and it's people!"
Being critical of anything need not indicate hatred,but perhaps,just perhaps,a desire to make that "thing" better.
The first step in correcting a problem,is always to recognize that there is a problem.
Danilo Medina recognizes some of the DR's problems,maybe you should too!
Lets hope that "Danilo" can make some corrections!
And lets hope that you can see some Dominican "WARTS",for once in your life.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The corruption doesn't end with Dominican politicans and citizens. The corruption includes expats.

How many expats here run some sort of business or service and have never legally incorporated and paid taxes?

Before expats complain about corruption, be damn sure YOUR house in in order.

I don't know much about Danilo, but will. As a resident non-citizen I can't vote and legally cannot participate in the political process. But seems to me every election candidates point out the obvious, get elected...and then nothing happens. Makes one cynical.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hell, i could never understand this "no complains" policy. wtf? am i mouthless hello kitty living in the land of rainbows, unicorns and fluffy teddy bears? no, dudes, you will never see me succumb to the pink side, despite my penchant for pink underwear.
i live in DR, i am married to a dominican, i work in a dominican company and among dominicans. you should hear my workers b*tching about they fellow men, their country and their ways. even they are not happy with life in DR and they do not know much else. let alone gringos who have lived in different countries and different cultures.

sorry, folks, but if human being were only allowed to say things that are optimistic and positive the world would fall into complete silence. and god knows that all this chicken-soup-for-the-sould kinda talk is boring and nauseating.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
By-The-Way,"SNAKE"boy............................

EXPATS,are,"Net Contributors" to the DR's economy,by a long shot!!!
Even all those bar/restaurant owners who may not be on official tax rolls!
They pay rent,buy goods and services,and who do you think they employ?????
To think they are part of the corruption problem in the DR,is like pi$$ing in the ocean,and waiting for the level to rise !!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I read Danilo's interview with Diario Libre last night (I got friends in high places!)...I cannot for the life of me make heads or tails of it. Basically it is a load of bullsh!t....lots of nice words but nothing of substance. He is a spin doctor "par excellance", and a master of his craft.

We'll see.

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Think That Danilo Has Two Chances 2 B Elected!..."SLIM",and None !

And "Slim" just got on his horse and rode out of town!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think danilo's post would be endless stream of random words. he could make it as dr1's joyce, maybe.
i sometimes force myslef to read political pieces from dominican newspapers and i wonder who the f**k puts it to print? never seen anything this boring in my life. boring, sensless political masturbation. jesus, folks here have no character, save for hipolito, who may be a fool but at least he is funny and true to his words of "digo las cosas muy directas, digo las cosas como son". yeah, hipolito could be second criss colon :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't know a lot about Danilo nor a lot of other politicians other than what are in the headlines but I'd say that there is a social problem regarding lying but my own experience has been it is no worse among non politicians here than in the States. As far as politicians go it is off the chart of course.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Chip,I have Had The Opportunity To Live,Work,and Visit Many Countries Around The Glob

Why is it that only you NEVER meet a Dominican,that is a bigger liar,thief,cheat,more irresponsible,or just a bigger "Pain-in-The-ASS",than anyone,anywhere,in the entire WORLD???

Where do you find these Dominican "SAINTS"???

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Why is it that only you NEVER meet a Dominican,that is a bigger liar,thief,cheat,more irresponsible,or just a bigger "Pain-in-The-ASS",than anyone,anywhere,in the entire WORLD???

Where do you find these Dominican "SAINTS"???

Rather, seeing how you certainly aren't a "spring chicken" I'd have to expect you lived in a monastery back in the States or your memory has left you because I have been working in the construction industry for almost 20 years and have been lied to and cheated many times by clients and contractors (re thousands of dollars). Not only that, growing up how many kids that I knew in HS and college cheated their way through and how many dudes have I known that have cheated on their girlfriends and wives? You buddy are living in a make believe world. It's a shame too that you hate Dominicans so much seeing how your daughter is part Dominican.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Those of us who actually live,work,and raise families here in the DR,(as opposed to DR "Wannabees",those who have spent a week at an "AI",and those who live outside the DR),are often criticized for some of our posts deemed critical to the DR and it's citizens.
Danilo Medina is not one of those.He is the candidate of the PLD political party for president of the DR.
I certainly hope so!
I would say that "Dominicans are liars! He was "Politically Correct","PC",I,will NEVER be!
He went on to say that Dominican bureaucrats go around with stylish young women because they give them trips,cars and apartments,often purchased with public money.
I say that they are thieves,liars,and corrupt!(I guess the "METRO" has benefited some Dominicans after all)
I have visited the DR since 1986.I have lived here since 1995,I worked here for ten years,I live with my Dominican wife,a Dominican stepson,my 3 kids,my wife's parents and younger sister(Who pays 4,000 pesos a month rent) and a Dominican maid.I pay thousands of pesos a month in taxes,most of which goes to corrupt "Politicos"!
To those who say;
"If you don't love it,leave it"!I say;"Walk a few miles in our shoes here,before you think you know all there is to know about the DR and it's people!"
Being critical of anything need not indicate hatred,but perhaps,just perhaps,a desire to make that "thing" better.
The first step in correcting a problem,is always to recognize that there is a problem.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

He cant win. He is correct but he cant win. HOY said today if the election were held 48% for Mejia and 40% for Medina. People Love Mejia for some reason. "A shoe shine boy had a 1000 pesos in his pocket". I was told by a doctor last week. Sure, but if the peso was 56:1 it was only worth $17, if the peso was 14:1 then it would be $71. People think under Mejia everything was great, which is odd to me because this money that was more widely available couldnt have come from Banco Intercontinental and the $2 Billion hemorrhage could it have? Same doctor told me ALL of their problems come from the great gorilla of the north(the US). You cant beat that rhetoric can you?

He cant win because people like the cronyism that exists. You are telling them to get out of the trough. No more Yee-petas and fine ass babes. Accountability? Lord no!

I m surprised you can have this political conversation with these people and not have tell you, no, order you to leave the country and NEVER come back.

May 12, 2005
He cant win. He is correct but he cant win. HOY said today if the election were held 48% for Mejia and 40% for Medina. People Love Mejia for some reason. "A shoe shine boy had a 1000 pesos in his pocket". I was told by a doctor last week. Sure, but if the peso was 56:1 it was only worth $17, if the peso was 14:1 then it would be $71. People think under Mejia everything was great, which is odd to me because this money that was more widely available couldnt have come from Banco Intercontinental and the $2 Billion hemorrhage could it have? Same doctor told me ALL of their problems come from the great gorilla of the north(the US). You cant beat that rhetoric can you?

He cant win because people like the cronyism that exists. You are telling them to get out of the trough. No more Yee-petas and fine ass babes. Accountability? Lord no!

I m surprised you can have this political conversation with these people and not have tell you, no, order you to leave the country and NEVER come back.

That poll is now Racer. A lot can happen in the next 12 months to change folks minds.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Like I Said Chip! Yohave Become "Dominicanized//////////////////////////////////////'

Your response to ANYTHING negative about the DR,or it's people,brings the same response,"IT's worse EVERYWHERE ELSE!"
I grew up in an Illinois "farm town".My grandpa was a farmer.
All they needed to make a promise was a handshake!
After you shake hands with a Dominican,you better count your fingers!
Except all the Dominicans YOU KNOW,that is!

I have three children with my Dominican wife of 15 years.
They are all being raised"AMERICAN"!
We teach them personal responsibility,respect for others and the property of others,honesty,the value of hard honest work,the value of education,charity for others,self respect,and tolerance.
I worry that they will be taken advantage of by the Dominicans,who have none of those qualities!!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I absolutely agree with Criss on this.
It is a very difficult situation and circumstance that I worry about my daughter starting school with other children not having the morals and respect I am installing in her, I fear the pollution will overtake what I say and teach her. I seriously worry about this , but it is not something I feel comfortable speaking aloud about as they are her fellow countrymen, I am in their land.
Although many gringos tell me when I do speak of such concerns I don't have a right to speak as such, I do not believe that at all. I am the father of a child and am worried about her education, upbringing as a whole, if I don't have the right to speak of these concerns then who does. I choose not to speak of this very often as a sign of respect, and in the knowledge I will never get a native (it is difficult to get the expat PC brigade to agree at best) to agree with me that there is a problem, unless there is a free presidente in it for him while we chat, then he will agree his father is maricon and for 2 his mother a whore!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
It really is too bad that CCCCC's departure was an April's 1st prank... Since he is such a smart person, and he is so superior to those low-life thieves & liars in the Dominican Republic, and those pesky newbies, who dare to post on DR1, ignoring his vast & superb knowledge of the country.
CCCC should definitivly go back to CCCC-land & live happy, forever after, instantly forgeting Dominican liars who don't shut down properly the sugar pot in his kitchen...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I don't think anyone calls all out on this, generalizing is taking a majority experience. We all know good, hard working honest natives. But it is all relevant to each individuals path through lifes experience. No two people share the same path or experience, and so opinions will always differ.
One says black the other says white does not make either wrong, just lived it a little differently, accept this, put it in the pot and it all averages out somehow!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
My father in law who only has a third grade education and worked his whole life on farms taking care of plantain is an honest a man as I have met. He is a Christian of course, apparently something few of you have ever met unfortunately. He also refused to take a botella position on the grounds that it was not the right thing to do.

shawnatmann

Sep 22, 2011
I am from Canada, and have met honest and dishonest Canadians. Typically Canadians don't like paying more taxes than they feel they have to, and will get around this wherever possible for example, but their sense of paranoia(sometimes justified) that the taxman is watching keeps them in line. Likewise in the Dominican Republic in alot of cases this is true as well for Dominicans. I have likewise met dishonest Dominicans, but at least for the most part they have no intention of malice. This is typical of similar sized towns in Canada. However, in bigger cities in Canada, there are risks, especially in poorer parts of the cities, petty theft is so rampant people don't report it, violent crime is frequent, vandalism frequent. I haven't seen any vandalism in the DR. What kind of person gets their jollies out of destroying someone's property, I ask fellow Canadians? So, I do my comparisons carefully. Yes, Danilo may have some work to do when it comes to the public service, and government and honesty, but I haven't seen it being that bad personally. What would improve the overall government and peoples' adherence to the law is a complete reduction of red tape so it would be easier to comply with the law, which is really what people want.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I certainly hope so!
To those who say;

1000s in taxes, on what?