Aparthotel near U.S. Embassy

GSUgolf

May 10, 2011
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any aparthotels in Santo Domingo that are within walking distance of the U.S. Embassy. I am in college and will be an intern there this summer. Since I am in college and will be paying for my stay, I am hoping to find something that is relatively inexpensive, but a quality establishment in a good location. I've heard that many aparthotels will give discount rates for an extended stay (such as 10 weeks). Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Might be better to look at a short term furnished rental. They're sometimes available in the "rentals" section on this site. It may be a bit cheaper, although I'm sure any of the apartahotels will cut you a nice discount if you rent by the month.

Another nice option is the Jaguar Apartments, located behind the Jaragua hotel. It's easy cab distance, and they often do monthly specials.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
try ::Hostal Plaza yu:: which is on Pasteur near Bolivar.. You can walk to the Embassy. They do long term rentals but you will do much better if you come here and negotiate in person. Best book a room there for a night and see if you like it and then talk to them about it. It is owned by a Dominican woman who is very nice and takes great pride in her place.. and she will definitely make you a deal if you offer to pay the electric seperately .. All the rooms are different so that you have to see the place.

Plus , you are hereby officially invited over to dinner at my place

meatloaf, mashed potatoes, etc.....

good for you for serving!!!

welcome to the Dominican Republic

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Meatloaf,Mashed Potatoes,...Gravy????...Can I Come????

I'll bring a "covered dish"!:p

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any aparthotels in Santo Domingo that are within walking distance of the U.S. Embassy. I am in college and will be an intern there this summer. Since I am in college and will be paying for my stay, I am hoping to find something that is relatively inexpensive, but a quality establishment in a good location. I've heard that many aparthotels will give discount rates for an extended stay (such as 10 weeks). Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Hotel Esmerelda: $600 a month includes: water, electricity, AC (at night), wifi, kitchenette, dinnerware and cable that has US channels. Not bad for $600. Located near McDs near the Embassy.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Hotel Esmerelda: $600 a month includes: water, electricity, AC (at night), wifi, kitchenette, dinnerware and cable that has US channels. Not bad for $600. Located near McDs near the Embassy.

I stayed there for three months.. the Esmeralda is nice, and clean... But much closer to the Consulate than the Embassy. But the OP should check out both..

do you have contact info for the Esmeralda?

GSUgolf

May 10, 2011
I stayed there for three months.. the Esmeralda is nice, and clean... But much closer to the Consulate than the Embassy. But the OP should check out both..

do you have contact info for the Esmeralda?

Thank you for all the responses so far! I think I found Esmeralda's website: Esmeralda Guest House. Is this the same one you stayed in? All the suggestions have been great. This definitely gives me options! Thanks!

geraldorigo

Apr 15, 2011
Yup that is the website, I stayed there in March with a group of students and it was very nice, close to everything. The rooms are nice, the bar always has beers and the internet is free. Give it a try, the area is very quiet.