Long night's journey into day

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At the risk of seeming like reality TV, I'd like to tell you all about my trip home last night.

After going to my grandson's baseball game (they lost the league 4-1, their first loss in 16 games!! No hitting, same great fielding. Pitching in that youth league is limited, so the star was only available for two innings!! and the good lefthander was kind of tired after 4 innings...any way, they won the regular season series and get a trophy) we had to hurry through traffic back home, do a final bit of packing and a quick change of clothing and raced (80-85 mph all the way) down to FLL to catch the NK 633 flight to Santiago, Dominican Republic. The check in with a 49.5 pound bag, was quick and easy. Security thanks to that axxhole Islamic jihadist was silly, but reasonably fast. We started boarding at the proper time.

In my seat, earplugs in, papers filled out, and we took off at 12:13 a.m. (wheels up! We left the ramp at exactly 1200). A peaceful hour and 35 minutes later we landed at STI. Breezed through Immigration, waited a while to identify my bag and wisked through Customs. It is so easy when all you have is a scrungy back pack (filled with two laptops!) and a single, smallish, bag....

Son outside (to the only guy that shipped golf clubs on the plane, a friend and former caddie from Bonao: "Lend me a minute?" "Sure Don _____! See you in Bonao!" To son: "Where are you?" Son to father: "Right here waiting for you.")

Home by 2:25 a.m.

I could work all day today...if I wanted to.

Great flight...They have something going right....

HB

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your posts...thanks!

Contrary to many posts I have found DR airports efficient, courteous and although security is an increasing problem there are far worse experiences in the World. Kiev, Miami for example.

Yanandu

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Late night flights do seem to be smoother. (assume this was Spirit out of FLL?). May your your grandson be the next Arod or similar!!!