Where to buy ATV in POP area or STI?

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I'd get a name brand, like Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki. These won't need much repairs beside the regular maintenance (mostly fluid exchanges). Stay away from the low priced (?) Chinese craps, they are unreliable, lots of mechanical break downs and good luck to find parts. My favorite brand is Yamaha, but all the Japanese brand above are very reliable.
If they are for kids or normal sized females the 250-350cc would be good, but for adult males I suggest a 400-450cc.
If you plan to carry more gear or you are more than an average size male, you may need a 600cc+, but the chassis of those are bigger, so keep that in mind if you need to move in the woods.
There is a Yamaha dealer in Los Jardines, Santiago.

The Hun

I forgot: you can find most of the maintenance items in the DR. They are mainly fluids for the engine, differentials and transfer case (the YamaLube is readily available at any motorcycle part store for mine), an in-line fuel filter (few bucks), other items are still available, brake pads, spark plugs, etc.. but cost 2-3 times of the US prices, just like for cars.

Last edited:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Do you want a Sport quad? or a Utility Quad? The Sport is rear wheel only and the Utility is 4X4. If for fun go Sport. If for work go utility.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If they are for kids or normal sized females the 250-350cc would be good, but for adult males I suggest a 400-450cc.

The Hun

350cc for women & children?!?!? HA! My old German friend (soul rest in peace) had 04 Yamaha Banshee 350 2 stroke that will blow the tires off any 650 or 700 raptor!! When it comes to size, my old 350 Warrior is the same size of a Honda or Suzuki 450. Speed? Who cares? Nobody is doing more than 50 with all-terrain tires unless they want to flip it and die!! My said friend had a 200cc 2 stroke and brother it was no kids toy, hahahaha!

To the OP, whatever you get, you'll luv it!!