Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help ASAP!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Need help ASAP!!!

Well guys! I'm to my last hope here!

I have a Honda EU1000i inverter/generator that never let me down, ever! But somehow I can't get it to stay on after cycling it to start with robust pulls to the recoil rope.

I searched deep in the web and all they offer is advice on how not to store it for too long in between starts so that this will not happen. No data on what to do "after" it happens!

I removed the oil and gas, cleaned the stuff expected to get dulled or else and put in new oil with the highest octane gas I could find *even went to the length of adding some extra octane juice too. Still it won't stay on after the many tries and methods I employed!

I followed some guy's advice and left the throttle a bit open than the usual close position, another's and tilted the thing about 10 degrees, yet one more and poured some alcohol on the gas mix. All to no avail!

I neeeeeeed this thing to work! It's the only thing able to let me use my A/V high end equipment without worries in remote locations. We have a family outing to the "wild" this weekend and I "neeeeeeeeED" this once trusted "man's best friend" to work!

Exactly what I need to do for it to start working like always once again? I know already that not having it started for 4 months caused this, but I don't need the why it happen but how to fix the problem!

And yes! I did turn off the eco throttle option on the front panel just in case, as adviced by 99% of the web posters until today!

Given how many expats use alternative power solutions in the DR *with the electrical service problems as we'll know, I hope at least one owns a comparable model of this line from Honda (been told they all share the same technology, so pretty much what applies to one does it for the other).

I bought it using my commercial account and was told that my warranty from Honda covers only the first year on labor and parts for that sector!

Is there anything I'm missing do to here???

I'm handy with tools so don't fret about mechanical solutions that may work!
    One Dominican at a time please!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect your jets are gummed up, allowing enough gas to start but not enough to run under any load.

Disassemble the carburetor and give the parts a good cleaning in some carb cleaner, paying special attention to the jet. You might want to peek at the fuel filter, could also be clogged with gunk.

Next time use some Sta-Bil when you plan on storing a gas motor for more than 30-45 days, and run it for a few minutes with the Sta-Bil in the fuel to get it into the fuel filter and jets.

3. Likes PICHARDO liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Here I uploaded some pics of the generator with a view of the mechanical parts, and what I have at the moment as "tools" to deal with it!
    We're heading to the wild here in Florida in one of those rare times that we manage to have the kids over and the adults free from work, all together for a whole weekend from DR... Needless to say this is my "work" shuttle from Santiago to Orlando biweekly, and tools are not really that many in this environment...

My sisters are arriving tomorrow, kids, grandkids, nephews and nieces on that same night and other half on the eve of Saturday, so time is short, short, shoooooort!

I checked for a rental but all they have will not cut it with electronics, or low noise enough to allow them to be used on close proximity to sleeping set ups...

My other two choices are to rip away the one I paid to have set up on our boat at the marina some three hours away, or buy a new (darned expensive!) one... So pretty much I have no choices here!

I'm mad with myself for allowing this to happen in the first place!!! I know better than that!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I suspect your jets are gummed up, allowing enough gas to start but not enough to run under any load.

Disassemble the carburetor and give the parts a good cleaning in some carb cleaner, paying special attention to the jet. You might want to peek at the fuel filter, could also be clogged with gunk.

Next time use some Sta-Bil when you plan on storing a gas motor for more than 30-45 days, and run it for a few minutes with the Sta-Bil in the fuel to get it into the fuel filter and jets.
    I'm on it!! Thanks!!!!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I second Robert's advice - take apart the carbs and clean out all the jets with carb cleaner. Of course better yet would be to get a carb rebuild kit.

7. Likes PICHARDO liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like Cobraboy said. How old is it? Does it run for at least 3-4 seconds? did you ever replaced or checked the spark plug?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "C'mon"Mr. "P", You Are A"Spin Doctor" Give ItA SPIN!!!

This IS YOUR DR!'Where they have EVERYTHING!
    No great mechanics here?
    Iguess we are in the "3"RD" WORLD after all!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    I second Robert's advice - take apart the carbs and clean out all the jets with carb cleaner. Of course better yet would be to get a carb rebuild kit.
    I'm doing that just now! No time for a rebuild kit here, but will do so in the near future for sure!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHun View Post
    Just like Cobraboy said. How old is it? Does it run for at least 3-4 seconds? did you ever replaced or checked the spark plug?
    A bit over a year old...
    It runs for a few seconds and then dies a miserable dead!
    Checked the SP for space on the head and cleaned it up well too before placing it back on, as you can notice I left oil all over the unit in doing so (not the cleanest jobber if you catch my drift). Also I followed the instructions on the air filter cleanup and soaked enough with clean oil too.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

nw spark plug, same problem with my honda mower and a with new plug and it fired right up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast