Santiago: Mofongo and "US" food products

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Very recently opened. Santiago.

1). Excellent Mofongo and "carne salada" ....While I am sure others (HB) may have a different STI slant on this I just visited the opening of "El Rincon del Mofongo" at Calle 13 Esq 15 in Los Jardines last night. It is the best I have experienced in STI. Priced less than Adrian Tropical but as good as the Palacio del Mofongo in SDQ. My guests bought Presidente at 90 pesos per bottle.

2). The "Savings Market" located on Calle Genero Perez (Rincon Largo) and which is across from the Abreu book store and copy center is bringing down "all kinds" of US products.....eg, Grandmas cookies, cocoa puffs, reeses cup cereal, sugar pops, mountain dew code red, diet mountain dew, diet sunkist and crush, caffeine free drinks as well......its a great place to get a "sugar fix like you are used to...hahaha". Can of soda is 30 pesos. Terra chips and canned chicken breast......anyway...pretty cool.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Very recently opened. Santiago.

1). Excellent Mofongo and "carne salada" ....While I am sure others (HB) may have a different STI slant on this I just visited the opening of "El Rincon del Mofongo" at Calle 13 Esq 15 in Los Jardines last night. It is the best I have experienced in STI. Priced less than Adrian Tropical but as good as the Palacio del Mofongo in SDQ. My guests bought Presidente at 90 pesos per bottle.

2). The "Savings Market" located on Calle Genero Perez (Rincon Largo) and which is across from the Abreu book store and copy center is bringing down "all kinds" of US products.....eg, Grandmas cookies, cocoa puffs, reeses cup cereal, sugar pops, mountain dew code red, diet mountain dew, diet sunkist and crush, caffeine free drinks as well......its a great place to get a "sugar fix like you are used to...hahaha". Can of soda is 30 pesos. Terra chips and canned chicken breast......anyway...pretty cool.

That mofongo place sounds great, only problem is I couldn't find those streets you mentioned in Google Earth, could you please tell me how to get there from KFC restaurant on Estrella Sadhalla and 27 de Febrero? I would love to check that place out!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Actually, if that address of 15th and 13th, the only place it could be would be to the west side of the park that curves around that part of the Jardines. Coming down 27 de Febrero from the KFC, take a right at the light on Metropolitana and count the corners on your right hand side (forget the street names) You start with 3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15. Turn right on 15 and you will/should curl around to 13.
Tomorrow, I will take a walk over that way and see for myself...

HB

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Actually, if that address of 15th and 13th, the only place it could be would be to the west side of the park that curves around that part of the Jardines. Coming down 27 de Febrero from the KFC, take a right at the light on Metropolitana and count the corners on your right hand side (forget the street names) You start with 3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15. Turn right on 15 and you will/should curl around to 13.
Tomorrow, I will take a walk over that way and see for myself...

HB

Thanks Hillbilly, please let me know if you find that place...your directions are right on! I'm coming from Sosua and I would definitely check that place out after I hit Pricesmart!

Have a good day! :)

Nov 25, 2008
Till now the BEST mofongo for me is in MOCA, "Mi Terraza" $160.00 I have a hard time eating the whole plate;
will try this place here and give my feed back