threads seem to disappear from view quicker

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
...does anyone agree that threads seem to be lost quicker with this new forum format, granted I may not be using it correctly .....but there seem to be less replies to most posts these days

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
sometimes I only get a half a page ,sometimes no further pages
yes it seems different
Manu

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
...does anyone agree that threads seem to be lost quicker with this new forum format, granted I may not be using it correctly .....but there seem to be less replies to most posts these days

Get a new Rx for your specs abuela!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Its not just that.... my "signed in" time is so short that my prostate is asking me " Whassup ?"

When I go to take a leak.... yes. thank you, a long one .... I need to sign in again.

As much as we all love DR1 and Robert.... must we be shoved out the door so quickly ??
Which means we beg re-entry... again.... and again...

WW posted from Elba

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Its not just that.... my "signed in" time is so short that my prostate is asking me " Whassup ?"

When I go to take a leak.... yes. thank you, a long one .... I need to sign in again.

As much as we all love DR1 and Robert.... must we be shoved out the door so quickly ??
Which means we beg re-entry... again.... and again...

WW posted from Elba

What are you talking about? I am able to stay signed in for as long as I want, and when returning, after closing dr1, my computer is recognized and I do not need to sign in.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What are you talking about? I am able to stay signed in for as long as I want, and when returning, after closing dr1, my computer is recognized and I do not need to sign in.

I'm saying that I "Time out" quickly...... censorship, no doubt

WW

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today I left the house at noon, with the computer running. I came back about 8.30 tonight and I was still signed in to DR1.

The only time I have to sign in again is when I turn the computer power off.

AE

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Whenever I sign on, a free beer ticket arrives on the Fax machine.

Maybe y'all should juggle your settings to "free beer by fax on login." It's in the UCP.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Whenever I sign on, a free beer ticket arrives on the Fax machine.

Maybe y'all should juggle your settings to "free beer by fax on login." It's in the UCP.

I've run out of blank paper in my fax machine. Could you fax me some please? Don't wanna miss out on them beer tokens.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Next time you sign in be sure to check the box that says "remember me" right beside the password and you will always be on until you log out.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
not the problem
I stay logged in
but it seem that the threads are not there ,or as many
lets say I leave it on , go cook ( not happy hour)
I come back,still logged in ,but less threads
and no other pages
Manu

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I went out yesterday morning and left the computer on.

I got a text message from DR1 a few hours later saying I did not have enough minutes to stay signed in.

It must have been from Robert. Several words were misspelled. :p

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Ther'e only one option: 'New Posts'.

The option for new posts within the last one or two days have been eliminated.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I agree. Seems that the new program only shows a new post once.. and if you do not respond to it, then it never shows it again. It used to be that I would read and post to the threads in which I had posted before.. on my user CP.,. and then look over the new ones.. and sometimes go back over three days worth.. Now there are just a few available.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You people really need to get out of the house once a week!
What happened to sitting under a palm tree or sipping a cold one and watching the locals strut by?
Sorry, I could care less about thread count unless it is a skirt or Egyptian cotton!

tambo'

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
I agree. Seems that the new program only shows a new post once.. and if you do not respond to it, then it never shows it again. It used to be that I would read and post to the threads in which I had posted before.. on my user CP.,. and then look over the new ones.. and sometimes go back over three days worth.. Now there are just a few available.
yes eactly my same concern. Robert replied me in a different thread that they were working on it but that it was still very buggy and would not be putting it live anytime soon. I too, myself, am "missing" on many of the threads just because of this...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Y'all need to understand the V Bulletin...or any other...mesage board software. It comes one way, stock, very standard and basic. To add features, like the ones folks are talking about, means going into numerous .php files at the server level and adding/deleting code. One missed comma and the entire thing can crash.

One does not alter code expect with great care, especially in an operating forum.

It takes time, skill, knowledge and careful effort. Robert and his coders have all those traits.

Y'all should chill a few degress and let the Brain Trust methodically priortize and make planned changes.