The intersection of the ruta+Martinez, at Pleyero = Hopeless Traffic Management

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
The Eastbound red light stops cars for 75 seconds, the flow through is only 42 seconds. The traffic back-ups are normal and can be excessive. Interestingly, the ''lights'' have not functioned for a few days. Now, I am vindicated. There are no stoppages, back-ups, and disorder! The incompetence of the traffic managers and the AMRATS is obvious! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
You beat me to it! I was going to post a similar remark to these lights.

So where are all the people that were singing the praises of this wonderful intervention of traffic management? The lights haven't worked for a couple of days now and the traffic has been flowing like cheap bottle of rum on Easter weekend!

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
I was thinking the same thing today after I went through that intersection a couple of times today. Although I can see it being difficult and potentially dangerous actually exiting Playero and turning towards PuertoPlata during busy times.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
The Eastbound red light stops cars for 75 seconds, the flow through is only 42 seconds. The traffic back-ups are normal and can be excessive. Interestingly, the ''lights'' have not functioned for a few days. Now, I am vindicated. There are no stoppages, back-ups, and disorder! The incompetence of the traffic managers and the AMRATS is obvious! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Your government is again, NOT working for you. They repaired the lights. Again the traffic stoppages and confusion at that corner defies my imagination!

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
The more you study the intersection, the incompetence of the traffic managers becomes obvious. Martinez has an 18 second flow through with about 1/10 of Eastbound Ruta vehicles. The Ruta has a 42 second flow through. Traffic crowds up 3 abreast to try to get through before the light changes.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
After a near tragic gas tanker crash near this intersection, the stop lights are out. The result: 2 days of perfect traffic flow- through! Give 'em credit: Your government, NOT working for you is working to perfection!

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Once again: Your government, NOT working for you, is working to perfection! The stoplights have been out since Monday and traffic ''flows'' without interruption!

Oct 11, 2010
Leave The Traffic Light "Broken"

Let's hope they never reactivate "el sem?foro playero" as the residents of Sos?a and taxi and bus drivers refer to it. This joke of a traffic light has done NOTHING to improve safety or traffic flow. It has only made a dangerous curve MORE DANGEROUS and made traffic flow less efficient

I remember when the new light was first installed, I stated the obvious at that time, that it was only to benefit PLAYERO. I remember being admonished by certain posters, saying "give it time", "it's not Playero that controls it", "they'll adjust it as necessary", "it is an improvement for Sos?a", etc. All TOTAL BULLS##T.

This traffic light is a MISERABLE FAILURE. It impedes the steady flow of traffic at this intersection, and makes it exponentially more dangerous, as can be witnessed by the serious accidents that have occured since it's inception. Not to mention the minor "accidents" that occur on an almost daily basis.

It has had it's time, they aren't adjusting anything, and it IS NOT improving anything here in Sos?a. Let's hope it remains "broken".

Or perhaps it is controlled by the same genius who ordered the current POLITUR action here in Sos?a. They both are having the same detrimental effect on the quality of life here in Sos?a.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Now you and Papa Benito have something in common.

At least I do not share you and papa's hairstyle!

2cffexh.gif

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
The idiot traffic manager has reduced the West/East flow through from 42 seconds to 32 seconds(it needed to be increased)! Resulting in even more congestion and long stoppages! Your government working for you!:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
It used to be 72 seconds a few weeks ago, which was way too long. Hope they find that sweet spot someday.