I am debating...either need a Driver/Chauffer or Rent a Car for 4 days 5/21- 5/24

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Hi guys, hopefully someone can be of assistance on this one. I will be in town from Sat 5/21 to Tue 5/24 and am really stuck on the dilemma of price versus convenience.

I am debating the price savings of renting a car and driving myself (if there actually is a savings considering the price with all the insurance fees!) or whether to hire someone local with a car (not necessarily a car service). I like the independence of driving myself everywhere but recognize the incredible odds for being involved in an accident. This is the first of a series of business trips so I have to figure this one out. I will stay in Bonao (friends) but visit potential clients in Santiago and Santo Domingo.

Notes to add...
1) This is not my first trip there
2) I can drive as aggressively as the locals (sometimes worse, blame NY and Miami for that one)
2) I have succesfully driven there accident free
3) And I generally do know my way around (with the help of Google Maps on my cel!)

Any Suggestions??? If you know someone local for a driver please post it here.

Thanks!
PP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey! Help the local economy!!
1) You rent a car you pay whether you are traveling or not.
2) You rent a car and driver for those times you are going to see clients, only. Therefore, there has to be savings.
3) This means more money for beer.
4) Plus you are totally out of the issue of accidents and lost days and days of paperwork...Leave the driving to them..

Good thinking for professional use...

Give it a while, since aggressive driving can get you in a world of trouble..

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
North Carooooooolina...raise up!

SHALENA

P.S. Saw your name and had to do it, sorry.