Motorcycle Foot Thing

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Can anyone explain the purpose of two motorcycles riding with one slightly behind the other and the back guy's foot touching the rear pegs of the one in front? Is it like holding hands?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That's called a Dominican Tow Truck.

One bike is inop and being pushed.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Cobraboy, I always respect your posts as they are ROT (1960's right on time = correct) BUT in this instance with due respect I think that you are wrong. What I have seen cannot possibly be pushing.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No question about.... the rear moto is pushing the front one..... clearly

If it looks too easy for your liking.... you missed the kick=off.

Once they're rolling.... piece o'cake.... until the uphill part :))

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, Cobraboy is right on...that is the Dominican way of one motconchista helping out another motoconchista. Or a friend helping out a friend.

What? You want that they should WALK the bike to a station??? No way!

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Why walk all that way to get a gallon of gas..... then walk that gallon all the way back to the empty moto...... push me-pull me

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It is as Cobra says, my gas gauge was screwed and I often had to get pushed to the station by a passing motoconcho. It's not that difficult, just keep your leg locked or your likely to lose a few toes.

Feb 7, 2007
I agree with Cobraboy. Have seen it around many many times. I also had to use the services of the Dominican Tow Truck couple of times usually when the electric part screwed up, so indeed Cobraboy is right.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
It is as Cobra says, my gas gauge was screwed and I often had to get pushed to the station by a passing motoconcho. It's not that difficult, just keep your leg locked or your likely to lose a few toes.

My gas gauge isscrewed so I carry a 20oz of gasoline at all times in the passola trunk. I have also got quite good at mental math (with all those gas changing prices) and unconscious odometer reading. Have not had to use the bottle for a long time ... I think half of the gasoline it contained has already evaporated by now ;)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My gas gauge isscrewed so I carry a 20oz of gasoline at all times in the passola trunk. I have also got quite good at mental math (with all those gas changing prices) and unconscious odometer reading. Have not had to use the bottle for a long time ... I think half of the gasoline it contained has already evaporated by now ;)

Be careful not to confuse that Presidente gas bottle with the beer bottle..... you'll get gas of a different nature !!

May 5, 2007

You realize how much potential explosive energy you have sitting behind you if you crash?