Best Resort to stay in punta cana?

tbaxter

May 15, 2011
Hi my name is Tyler Baxter..in a few weeks my girlfriend and i are planning on going to punta cana for my two week RR vacation. Now i was just wondering what the best all inclusive resort would be to stay at (max $450 per night)?
i booked at the Pardisus Palma real, but after the reviews, i def do not want to stay there! im not gonna pay that amount of money and still be restricted from parts of the hotel! I am 22 my girlfriend is 19 and i want to find a nice place but also still be fun and lively with things to do bc we are still young and adventurous!
icon6.png
...not so much of the all relax all day type thing...but some days that would be nice...ANY comments or info would be great, thank you!

Tyler

tbaxter

May 15, 2011
Iberostar Grand is in my thoughts..im just skeptical as will it be too relaxed for me..we love night life and outgoing people?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Why not rent an apartment in Cap Cana? There are several available and I know of one in the Founder's Club that will fit your budget. Maximum enjoyment and luxury. I will find out more and get back to you, okay?

(I am concerned that you might not want a full scale apartment with kitchen etc...the place has a jacuzzi and everything you need to have a ball. I think that they can cater, also...so I will check.)

HB

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
Barcelo Bavaro Deluxe Palace is nice! That's where I stayed when I was in Punta Cana... I LOVED it! :)

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
If you're young and a bit adventurous, I would assume you might want to venture outside of your resort. The Iberostar Grand was an ok suggestion because it's adult only and you want have crying kids around the pool bar; at the same time, it's pretty far north, but not too bad.

Now, if you plan on leaving the resort at any time for local restaurants, bars and clubs, stay in the central area of Bavaro. Arena Gorda, Cortecito, Los Corales. Tick Uvero Alto, Macao, Cabeza de Toro and Punta Cana off the list IMO.

Parasius Palma Real is a very nice resort in a central location. Why do you not want to stay there?

If you're young, want to adventure out and want a nice resort, my suggestions would be: Paradisus Punta Cana, Occidental Flamenco, Grand Palladium, NH Resorts, and I'll even throw in IFA Villas Bavaro because of some new renovations and investments.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
NH Resorts is now a Secrets Hotel. That would be adults only I imagine.

I also will agree they are young, want to adventure out and want a nice resort, my suggestions would be: Paradisus Punta Cana, Grand Palladium, NH Resorts, Bahia Principe's as well as Majestic Colonial or Elegance.
There are many great resorts for much less than $450 per night.

tbaxter

May 15, 2011
thanks so much!! this will help me make my decision ...keep em coming if you would like...and the reason i said no to the Paridisus Palma real was ..bad food reviews (allot ) and the fact that i booked a room in the reserve, and still found out i would still be off limits to some parts of the hotel unless i upgraded to royal service..i spent 3400 already, not going to spend another 1050 just to gain access to the whole resort..no way...but again thanks for the help! everyone

SoulChild

Apr 8, 2011
I was at the Palma Real in March, if you're young and want to party I do not recommend it. If you're looking for something quiet and romantic, it's great... Even without the Royal Service. The rooms, the beach, the hotel on a whole is beyond beautiful, but visitors consisted mostly of families or older couples. Food was hit and miss.*

tbaxter

May 15, 2011
yeah thats what i was thinking it would be mainly older couples ..will the Iborostar Grand be the same way?...like i said im 22 and she is 19 so were still quite young..BUT not planning on going all out crazy bc it is still just us two..i just dont want to be bored you know.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
didn't know this... thanks for the update.

sorry... meant to reply with quote.... was talking about the change of the NH resorts.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
for what it's worth, Paridisus Palma Real was voted BEST all inclusive in the WORLD by USAirways Magazine last year. I've never stayed there, so can't say from personal experience. I will advise... especially if you want a little adventure and local flavor, to ignore the usual warnings and fear mongering of the resorts, and get outside the walls to visit the real DR. I wish I had done that on my first couple of visits. If you want to do that, I agree with an earlier post and pick a resort close to the "towns", Cortecito, etc.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Boringgggggg!!!

My sister and her husband stay at the Pariduis Palma Real for 10 days, they were ready to go home after 3 days....boring as H$ll...if your into Fungshei then stay...if you want to party like a rock star go elsewhere....

VistaMar

Mar 16, 2011
Boring????
What would someone expect from an all-inclusive. If you insist on AI and are looking for a party stop looking for a $450/night top of the line resort. Look for the cheapest one with minimal services. Here is where you will find the party. A mix of dominicans and younger adults who know how to have a good time.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
My advice (though you are young)-- do not stay in any "all inclusive". overhyped - bad food - bad service - remember: You get what you pay for (this is advice you should apply to everything). Good luck -

P.S. Punta Cana is the most beautiful beach you can imagine