Jarabacoa without wheels?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Sending family to Jarabacoa for possibly a month, I'd rather they didn't drive, is Jarabacoa doable without wheels?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Depends on where they are staying, but motoconchos are everywhere..

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'd say so. Of course it depends on where they are staying but 70-80 pesos by taxi (jaroly taxi) 809-574-2222 will take you most places in Jarabacoa. The downtown area is quite small and shopping/banking is easy walking from most residential areas.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Are there any areas/zones/districts/streets etc in Jarabacoa that are a bit rougher than others, or advisable not to go to, stay in, be around etc?

I was speaking to a guy over the weekend and he doesn't even have irons on his windows and doors, or 24 hour security, and said he lived in a regular (not particularly wealthy) quiet neighbourhood.

TimH

Aug 4, 2004
www.guesthouse-jarabacoa.com
Are there any areas/zones/districts/streets etc in Jarabacoa that are a bit rougher than others, or advisable not to go to, stay in, be around etc?

I was speaking to a guy over the weekend and he doesn't even have irons on his windows and doors, or 24 hour security, and said he lived in a regular (not particularly wealthy) quiet neighbourhood.

Everybody has at least iron bars in front of their windows these days. Jarabacoa is not an exception. Still Jarabacoa is one of the safest places on the island. This doesn't mean anything in the whole world these days if you are at the right/wrong place at the wrong time.

In the weekend just try to avoid the very late (2.00 AM+) crowd at the Parque Duarte. Sometimes young and stupid idiots cause problems there at late hours.If you want to hang out late try the corners between "Liquor Store" and "Entre Amigos" instead.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Everybody has at least iron bars in front of their windows these days. Jarabacoa is not an exception. Still Jarabacoa is one of the safest places on the island. This doesn't mean anything in the whole world these days if you are at the right/wrong place at the wrong time.

In the weekend just try to avoid the very late (2.00 AM+) crowd at the Parque Duarte. Sometimes young and stupid idiots cause problems there at late hours.If you want to hang out late try the corners between "Liquor Store" and "Entre Amigos" instead.

We didn't and never felt unsafe either living there but then, I feel very safe where I live now also.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
everyone feels safe until they arent, I feel safe but have been told Im stupid by our neighbour