Photographer Ends Love Affair After 21 Years-Will Remain Good Friends

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Saludos! After 21 years of traveling to and photographing the Dominican Republic I will be retiring to Costa Rica. This means that my entire photo collection with prints, matted photos, gallery style mounted photos, & carnival masks is available for sale at very low prices. I won't be taking them with me to Costa Rica. There are several reasons that led me to my decision. Being of retirement age the reasons most important to me were medical care and coverage while also living in a tranquil & tropical environment. This will also provide me with many new photographic opportunities.
The people of the Dominican Republic are very unique with their enthusiasm for life and they have taught me a lot. I will continue to maintain contact with my friends and their families there and I will always recommend the country as a tourist destination. The culture is so rich with it's music, food, and history. I have enjoyed photographing the beauty of the island and it's people.
I will still be available to provide suggestions on travel destinations in the DR, or you can check out my Photo EBook.
You can visit my 2 galleries of the Dominican Republic at my website at www.geraceimages.com. Let me know if you are interested.
Gracias for all of your support and information throughout the years.
Paul Gerace
ISLASAONAPan.jpg
ChicasConRollers.jpg

BahiadeLasAguilasSeashell.jpg

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I have enjoyed your photographs over the years. You have been and will continue to be an inspiration.

Have a great time in Costa Rica, it's an amazing country.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
I have enjoyed your photographs over the years. You have been and will continue to be an inspiration.

Have a great time in Costa Rica, it's an amazing country.

Thanks for taking the time to letme know that you enjoyed my work.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I loved them too and especially the ones on Youtube set to Dominican music.

matilda

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sorry to see you go. CR is much less foreign business friendly than the DR. A gringo friend who set up an electrical business had to put up a large cash deposit bond. Plus CR has many venomous snakes, animals and tropical diseases. And I think its more expensive in general. Had a friend who was changing out a bath tub on the Pacific Coast and he heard something moving under the tub and out crawled a Fer de Lance. The picture of being trapped in a bathroom with one of the most dangerous sanakes in the world would be a nightmare for me. That story sealed the deal for me. Be careful down there. Good luck to you.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Sorry to see you go. CR is much less foreign business friendly than the DR. A gringo friend who set up an electrical business had to put up a large cash deposit bond. Plus CR has many venomous snakes, animals and tropical diseases. And I think its more expensive in general. Had a friend who was changing out a bath tub on the Pacific Coast and he heard something moving under the tub and out crawled a Fer de Lance. The picture of being trapped in a bathroom with one of the most dangerous sanakes in the world would be a nightmare for me. That story sealed the deal for me. Be careful down there. Good luck to you.

Hi Zoomzx11. Thanks for the info. I'll watch where I step.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Enjoy your retirement but keep taking those great photos! You certainly have an eye for what makes a good photo!

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Best wishes. I Hope to see your Tico images in the future on your website. Your pictures of Dominican life and people were the best!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Perhaps we will see a CR1 in the future if Roberts efforts in Columbia bear fruit and you will be back up!!!! Best of luck and long life in CR.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
You have certainly left us visual memories of your amazing talent for beauty.
Great luck to you in CR and keep showing us the world through your lense.

Ccarabella