MAKNA TV remote = Free ride

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, I have a 27 inch MAKNA television model TTV2995PA that I bought from Corripio in Santiago about 5 years ago. It works fine but designed so that you have to use the remote. My remote is on its last legs and without it I have a large doorstop. I have been to Corripio service department many times, searched high & low on the internet, and bought three different universal remotes all without success. If anyone is coming to Santiago I will come and get you at the airport and give you a free ride if you can get me a remote that works.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Thank you but I have done both. The search function will not find the code although in my case that could be operator error.

Can you use an adapter box? similar to cable box that takes care of the channel tunning part...however you still need to program the tv to channel 3 or whatever your box will sync to. What remote are you planning on getting? I'm flying to STI on Friday from the US...PM me if you know what you need.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Phillips remote codes are supposed to work, or buy a univeral RCA remote that has a built in code search function.
FYI I have a Philips , RCA, and a SACO universal remote and all have code search functions but none work. I have tried all 3 & 4 digit codes from Philips and Telstar without success. Thanks anyway

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, All of my remotes have manuals but MAKNA is not listed in any of them. All have some form of search feature but none will read the MAKNA. I spent most of this morning trying all of them again but no luck. Apparently what they do in search mode is keep trying the codes that they have in their data base.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Sounds like JDJones is on the right track. They make universal remotes that have a learn function. As indicated, you just point your (barely) working Makna remote at the universal remote and it will read the signal and then you just assign it to a function.

Edit: I missed SantiagueroRD's post... please ignore.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Thank you but that is the model of RCA remote I have and I tried all the Philips both 3 & 4 digit codes. I should add that my big son is a supervisor of technical problems with one of the biggest cable companies in the US and his guys cannot figure it out. Or even where it was made. Some say china some say indonesia. That said I ain't giving up yet!