MGB - First one I have seen here.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Blue Mall has a few old cars on display right now.

They have an immaculate condition MGB, it looks beautiful.

Click on the thumbnails for the larger image.
IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0198.jpg IMG_0199.jpg

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Is that a '64? A guy who lived across the street where I grew up with was given a 64 for his 16th birthday way back in 1980 and had it painted British green. Boy did it look and sound good. Needless to say it looked and sounded great and he always had plenty of chicas to ride. To bad he was (and still is a jerk) because I never got a ride.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Oops sorry for the repetition in the previous posts - I was talking on the phone. BTW, the MGB I referenced was a 64.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I think that's a '70. That was the only year of split rear bumpers. Super nice car. I'd love to see the engine compartment.

I'm an old British car and bike guy from waaaaaay back...

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Looks beautiful.
I've owned and restored a few MGs and they are great little cars.My last one was like the green one at the back with Rostyle wheels but a GT model.I didn't know about the 1970 split bumper until now.I guess that was just for the US market.
I would love to find a classic to restore here in the DR so if anyone knows of an old car languishing unloved anywhere I would love to know.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
It IS a '70. I just blew up the front picture and there it is, MGB-1970...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Looks beautiful.
I've owned and restored a few MGs and they are great little cars.My last one was like the green one at the back with Rostyle wheels but a GT model.I didn't know about the 1970 split bumper until now.I guess that was just for the US market.
I would love to find a classic to restore here in the DR so if anyone knows of an old car languishing unloved anywhere I would love to know.
I know of a decent DeLorean that may be available...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
My MBG of many years ago was orange in colour - loved it to bits. Also had a very feminine little french blue GT6 with the hard top but my favourite of all was a white Triumph Stag which had automatic transmission which was quite rare at the time - wonder what that would be worth now if in pristine restored order....

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My MBG of many years ago was orange in colour - loved it to bits. Also had a very feminine little french blue GT6 with the hard top but my favourite of all was a white Triumph Stag which had automatic transmission which was quite rare at the time - wonder what that would be worth now if in pristine restored order....
Stags? Less than a TR6 of equal quality.

Interesting cars, however. Serious engine and electrical problems killed them off. The cam chain would break at around 25,000 miles, causing all manner of problems. But that was typical of the nationalized Brit car industry at the time. Restorers put the Rover V-8 in them today, like they put Chevy 350 V-8's in V-12 Jaguars.

"Buy Lucas vacuums. Because if it's Lucas, you know it sucks..."

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
that is the nicest looking cock extension i have seen in DR so far...

They are talking MGB's not hummers.
The one in the OP is beautiful! It seems classic cars are becoming a big hobby in the DR. I too wonder where they are getting them to restore?

May 5, 2007
"Buy Lucas vacuums. Because if it's Lucas, you know it sucks..."

I always thought it was "Why do the British drink warm beer? Lucas Electrics"

I had a 1978 Ducati, beautiful bike as soon as we stripped the Lucas electrics (Little items like a open plastic tub for fuse holder, under the seat with the old "VW" style open fuses) that is

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I always thought it was "Why do the British drink warm beer? Lucas Electrics"

I had a 1978 Ducati, beautiful bike as soon as we stripped the Lucas electrics (Little items like a open plastic tub for fuse holder, under the seat with the old "VW" style open fuses) that is
Also "Gentlemen get home before dark."

I know what you mean.

Every Brit bike I've ever had I stripped off that god-aweful Zener diode and put in better solid state components. My "unexplained dead on the road" experiences went down to zero.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I've heard about a DeLorean somewhere around Jarabacoa but I think the price might be too high for such a rare car.I spoke with a guy in Santiago offering a '50's Chev Coupe with a truck engine in it. He was in the region of $30K US and the body was all filler!
I declined.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
They are talking MGB's not hummers.

a car does not have to be big to substitute the lack of cock. look at ferrari, for instance. rather small vehicle but one knows the owner's gentleman parts can be only seen by using NASA certified equipment. hence a necessity for a BIG, JUICY, RED extension :)