College Golfer in Dominican

GSUgolf

May 10, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for your helpful answers to my earlier questions.

I will be interning at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo this summer and as a former college golfer and possibly aspiring professional, I wondered what the golf outlook is in Santo Domingo for a college student? I know the DR is famous for beautiful courses. I'm thinking about bringing my clubs to keep my game in shape on weekends or during the evenings.

Does anyone know any affordable courses or driving ranges in Santo Domingo where I could possibly help give lessons in exchange for play/practice availability? Or are there any competitive tournaments on weekends? Any opportunity to play or practice at a discount rate would be great for me because I'm just a college student from the U.S.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hello,

Thank you for your helpful answers to my earlier questions.

I will be interning at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo this summer and as a former college golfer and possibly aspiring professional, I wondered what the golf outlook is in Santo Domingo for a college student? I know the DR is famous for beautiful courses. I'm thinking about bringing my clubs to keep my game in shape on weekends or during the evenings.

Does anyone know any affordable courses or driving ranges in Santo Domingo where I could possibly help give lessons in exchange for play/practice availability? Or are there any competitive tournaments on weekends? Any opportunity to play or practice at a discount rate would be great for me because I'm just a college student from the U.S.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have!
There are several, and not that expensive. Las Lagunas might be your best bet, and both Jarabacoa Golf Club and Las Aromas (Santiago) are just a couple of hours away.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And there are golf tournaments every weekend some where. Bring your USGA Handicap card...no sandbagging.

As for classes, I am sure that if you talk to a few persons it might be possible. There are a lot of pros here already...

Cordially,

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you can actually teach, you could make some pocket money...