Can I find A Dominican Man?

dboy

May 16, 2011
Ever since middle school I have had a thing for Spanish men in general but a serious attraction to Dominican men specifically. I am a Black dark skinned feminine gay man, I say that because I know most Dominican men are somewhat homophobic and generally don't go for black or dark, so I think the chances of me ever getting with one are small but I am still determined to find one, though its kinda hard. I also know that there are not a lot of openly gay Dominican men and the ones who are gay or at least mess around with men are closeted. I was thinking of learning Spanish, to cook Dominican food & all about the culture of the DR and maybe moving to Washington Heights in search of Dominican men.

I was wondering if any one could tell me what they think of my situation and what the odds are of some one of my demographic finding a Dominican man & some tips on what I should do and how i should go about my journey? Are there clubs in NYC I should hit up or places I should go?

p.s I don't live in NYC/ I live in Boston but I got to NYC a lot and I know there are a lot of DM out there.

Last edited:

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
@ Jeff: tsk, tsk.

It's still valid, however you present it.

1. It has been my experience that if you describe yourself as feminine, then chances are your version of feminine is off the charts from the average. Consider this.

2. Do you want a Dominican boyfriend or a Dominican man to **** you? The first could be hard to get, the second should be a snap.

3. I would imagine your chances are marginally better that you are in the USA. Remember you may find a guy that could "hide" you. This means he'll likely live alone. Personally, I wouldn't expect a lot of socializing with your new man.

4. I'm sure this is a preconception about "Black" people with newly emigrated Dominicans, which may be something to keep in mind.

All in all, science gives you a 67.4% chance of finding true love and a 100% chance of getting boned.

Excuse my language. Peace and love.

Last edited by a moderator:

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
But wasn't my link actually helpful? It's called "The Gay Guide to the DR". Don't you think it includes insight into what he needs to know? Or maybe I missed something else?

dboy

May 16, 2011
where can i find this gay guide to Dr and wheres the link and tell me more

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
how much $ would i need to go to DR for a weekend

IMO the cost of the flight is not worth just coming for a weekend. You might want to try and plan on coming for at least a week. And the price will depend on the area you are staying in and accomodations you are seeking.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Don't believe what you hear, there is a mass of openly gay Dominican men and women. The country is very open to gay men, no one bothers anyone here because of sexuality, I can't think of a single time I've witnessed any hostility. I have seen it a few times from americans towards lady boys though.
If you are a stark raving nancy boy, flapping arms and call men girlfriend etc then I'd expect you may get the occasional slap, but really, if you are just a normal guy who happens to be gay without all the Diana Ross drama then just get on with it, as you would anywhere else. You're not going to find what you want, as specifying you want a Dominican man, yet know sod all about them is stupid. I guess you find Dominican Men physically attractive and just want a good seeing to. I wish you luck!

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
64% is just a joke my friend.

Engage the help of your favourite hookup site and ask around. Make sure your profile includes: "I find Dominican men extremely attractive, and am willing to make sure I make our meeting worth your time". Then show him what you've got and BAM... boyfriend.

You cannot avoid being black... so you'll just have to find a guy that doesn't mind (this will not likely be an issue).

I'm sure having an open relationship would be very attractive to the average gay Dominican male. I would consider broaching this subject early in your relationship.