Cedula renewal for a Dominicana

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Hi guys

My wife is Dominican and her Cedula *Amarillo* expired at the end of January this year.

We are currently living in London and she is returning to Santo Domingo next week on business. We have tried to get the basic renewal info from the DR Gov website - Judicial y Electoral seems to be the one that deals with cedula's. However the LACK of useful information is quite amazing really. If you are an extranjero with a need to renew a cedula no problem, but nothing at all about renewal for Dominican nationals. She is asuming she simply needs to show her Arte de Nacimeinto and her expired cedula. Her Dominican passport expired years ago and has never been renewed as she uses her UK passport.

So if anyone can advise on what exactly is required for her renewal it would be very helpful. She's only going to be in the DR for a week and needs to get her cedula done straight away so she can do all the legal and financail stuff she needs to do without any problems.

I have trawled the threads but can only find cedual info for extranjero's.

She actally called the dept Judicial y Electoral and they were spectacularly un-helpful. After passing her around some she was referred to the website which as I have said is useless.

Finally is there some kind of multa for late renewal? Any info is welcome.

Thanks

Paul

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Hi guys

My wife is Dominican and her Cedula *Amarillo* expired at the end of January this year.

We are currently living in London and she is returning to Santo Domingo next week on business. We have tried to get the basic renewal info from the DR Gov website - Judicial y Electoral seems to be the one that deals with cedula's. However the LACK of useful information is quite amazing really. If you are an extranjero with a need to renew a cedula no problem, but nothing at all about renewal for Dominican nationals. She is asuming she simply needs to show her Arte de Nacimeinto and her expired cedula. Her Dominican passport expired years ago and has never been renewed as she uses her UK passport.

So if anyone can advise on what exactly is required for her renewal it would be very helpful. She's only going to be in the DR for a week and needs to get her cedula done straight away so she can do all the legal and financail stuff she needs to do without any problems.

She actally called the dept Judicial y Electoral and they were spectacularly un-helpful. After passing her around some she was referred to the website which as I have said is useless.

Thanks

Paul

There is not new cedula for dominicans yet. Mine expired in 2006, and I still continue to use.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Hi guys

Thanks

Paul

there is / or used to be , a cabin at the sto dgo airport where you can just take a new picture and they get all your information, they will give you a paper with your picture on it and then when new format cedulas come, you will avoid that part of the process, at the aiport is really simple. i had mine done like 3 years ago the paper is now blank but when they start (if they ever do) then they will just have to "print it out"... I am hoping this will really save us some time.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Well, I dunno like. My Dominican wife is in the process of renewing her cedula here in Las Terrenas. She just went into the local office of Judicial y Electoral, had to produce an original of her marriage certificate (Dominican), they took a photo and noted her new address. She paid no money but told her to come back at the beginning of June to pick up her new cedula. It was a late renewal.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I lost my C?dula 10 years ago and I didn't bother to renew it until this past December, and they gave me a C?dula that says "Date of Expiration 2010". If your wife go this year to get her renew it will expired this year. They are just going to take her finger prints, new signature and a digital photo.