Marriage certificate!!! Help please!!!!!!

tinkerbash

Feb 2, 2010
I got married two and a half years ago in rio San juan. I am now starting divorce proceedings and I cannot do so until I have a copy of my marriage certificate. I contacted my husband who supposedly sent a copy over a month ago but as he knows what it is for I am worried that it was never actually sent. It was sent via standard Dominican postal service so can anyone advise as to how long it would take to get to the uk using this service? If not what is the quickest way to obtain a copy as I really want divorced asap
Thanks
Ashleigh

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ashleigh. Can you tell us (perhaps by PM?) the date of marriage, the names of the parties, the place and any other information.

these are public records and copies can be obtained but this information is needed.

cordially,

HB

sush

Mar 9, 2011
I got married two and a half years ago in rio San juan. I am now starting divorce proceedings and I cannot do so until I have a copy of my marriage certificate. I contacted my husband who supposedly sent a copy over a month ago but as he knows what it is for I am worried that it was never actually sent. It was sent via standard Dominican postal service so can anyone advise as to how long it would take to get to the uk using this service? If not what is the quickest way to obtain a copy as I really want divorced asap
Thanks
Ashleigh

maybe an electronic copy can do it... you could try it

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
Thanks
Ashleigh

There's no such thing as an electronic copy here in the DR. You should have someone close to you request a certified copy of your marriage certificate at the Civil Registry Office ("Oficina de Estado Civil") where the marriage was registered in Rio San Juan. You should provide this person with the date of marriage as well as your full names. If you can't find someone who could do this for you, then contact an attorney that services the area. A Guzman Ariza attorney from our Sosua or Cabrera office may assist you in obtaining it.

Alfredo