Dominican Birth Certificate

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Hello. Do all newly naturalized citizens get a Dominican Birth Certificate? Does it say where the person was born? I find it odd that some people get new birth certificates.

Thanks,

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Hello. Do all newly naturalized citizens get a Dominican Birth Certificate? Does it say where the person was born? I find it odd that some people get new birth certificates.

Thanks,

Yes, you receive a valid Dominican Birth Certificate and it states where you were born. I have a Dominican Birth Certificate with my birthplace as New Jersey, USA

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Yes, I guess kind of odd when you think about it. For the record, my Dominican birth certificate is more of an announcement that I was born to a Dominican mother in the United States. But, it is a Dominican birth certificate even though I was not born in the DR.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Okay, so what if you're not born to a Dominican parent? For example, if I did the long version naturalization process (residencia temporal x 1 year, residencia permanente x 2 years), then applied for naturalization, would I receive a Dominican birth certificate or would I simply get a Certificate of Naturalization and passport ?

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Okay, so what if you're not born to a Dominican parent? For example, if I did the long version naturalization process (residencia temporal x 1 year, residencia permanente x 2 years), then applied for naturalization, would I receive a Dominican birth certificate or would I simply get a Certificate of Naturalization and passport ?

Unfortunately, I don't know that answer.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Okay, that's excellent perspective. Got it. Sounds like everyone else just gets a "naturalization certificate" type of document.

Feb 7, 2007
Thinking of it, you could probably get a birth certificate with right connections. When Figueroa Agosto was able to get one clean and valid under the name of Cristian Almonte... as Leavy his -ex said in her testimony , you could as well have the same "luck"

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
You don't get a new birth certificate upon naturalization.

What I assume happened in the case above is that since the gentleman was born of a Dominican parent, the "naturalization" took place as if the parent declared his birth with the Dominican authorities.