Seek employment as a chef !!! Please help...

Camalus

May 17, 2011
Hello good people
I am new to this forum and I want to ask one question.
I live in Europe but I would like to move to DR.
My waist is a chef and tourist technician.
Can i find some normal job in DR in that waist?
All information and any help is welcome and if someone could help me I would be grateful !!!
Thank everyone in advance and kindest regards...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I may be wrong but I would assume that Chefs earn very little. (And like I said, I could be wrong) And I don't even know what a tourist technician is

SHALENA

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If this is your profession then you would have to wait for the correct opportunity to come along, funnily enough I have come across advertisements for chefs in private households/vacation villas and what have you. I think this would be the way to go, commercial chefs are not going to make much. My old buddy from the Northcoast used to earn $rd34,000 per month and he worked all hours god could send. Not ideal but he survived quite well, but he did have a few sidelines.
If I was you I'd advertise myself, here on DR1, in the local rags to where you want to be, get your advertisements on as many boards as you can and offer your services. The cost of advertising is very cheap, worth every penny if this is what you really want to do. An offer won't come along over night, and so to come in the hunt like people would for unspecific jobs would more than likely end up costing you a fortune in the long run.
Advertise for 6 months see how it goes, make it sound attractive, 'will pay for own ticket and accom on trial' etc, once in then try a bit of negotiating.

Camalus

May 17, 2011
I may be wrong but I would assume that Chefs earn very little. (And like I said, I could be wrong) And I don't even know what a tourist technician is

SHALENA

Oh, thk much for information,
about touristic tehnician, in Europe we call it waist all about
tourism and hospitality.
Sorry for misunderstanding...

Camalus

May 17, 2011
If you can get a job as an Executive Chef in a hotel you make anything between US $ 2000 to 5000. per month

Yes, it would be great,
but i dont know do i need some specific qualifications?
And where i can find offers for that job?
Thk to all again...

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Send your CV to Asonahores, the hotel and restaurant association, always looking for qualified chefs for hotels mostly in Bavaro and Punta Cana, speaking the language is a must, plus all requirements needed to handle a large kitchen with several outlets and a kitchen staff of 70-200.

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
Job:
Executive Chef
Global Hospitality Search Consultants Ltd.
Dominican Republic - Punta Cana

Details:
Job Description:
Our client is seeking an Executive Chef for its luxury boutique resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

The resort has an excellent reputation in the marketplace for its service, food and facilities. The establishments' all-inclusive nature calls for dining to be a key part of the guest experience.

The Executive Chef will oversee the entire F&B operation, from quality control to cost management to employee hiring, retention, succession and relations.

The ideal candidate will have a passion for cooking with an emphasis on local ingredients to create menus with an international culinary focus that will match & exceed their well-travelled guests expectations. Guests hail primarily from the US & Europe.

Job Requirements:
The successful candidate will have 5+ years experience as Executive Chef in a luxury resort setting.

The individual must be familiar with current culinary trends and methods and has been classically trained. The successful candidate will control costs, while not compromising quality and creativity, and be responsible for maintaining high levels of health, hygiene and safety.

Great social skills and computer literacy are requirements.

Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.

You are encouraged to email your resume along with cover letter and photos of your culinary creations to:

Beth: beth@globalhospitality.com

Management Position? Yes

Entry Level Position? No

Work Permit Needed? No

Job Available: Immediately

Compensation
Salary Range:

Bonus Plan: Yes

Accommodation: Yes

Other:

Contact
Company Name: Global Hospitality Search Consultants Ltd.
Name: Global Hospitality
Title: Search Consultants
Phone:(416) 538-3636
Mailing Address:
171 E. Liberty St.
Suite 256
Toronto, ON, Canada M6K 3P6

Contact Type: Recruiter

Miscellaneous
Industry Categories: Hotel/Resort
Position Categories: Chef - Executive Chef

Click here to apply: Executive Chef job, Global Hospitality Search Consultants Ltd.,

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Would you consider being a household cook / chef ? If so, please let me know the salary you are desiring.

Thank you,

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
If you maybe get a job as a chef in a restaurant and you improve the menu .Will you learn your Dominican colleges to make your food. Then comes low season and fewer costumers, then will you be fired , since your salary are double your Dominican colleges. Happens sometimes.. And 3000 hotel employers in North coast has got an unexpected vacation now, since the hotels has to fewer tourist.

Any way good luck..

Camalus

May 17, 2011
Yes, I can be household cook, why not. For salary please, we can talk.
I hope we can make deal.
Thank you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting that no work permit is needed for the above job with Global Hospitality. I wonder how they worked that out?

As far as I know, residency is required to work legally in the DR.