DR Fistfights?

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, I was asked by a buddy if there are many fistfights in bars, road rage etc. here. After many years at all levels of society I have only seen a couple and they were halfhearted lock on struggle kind of thing. I was told by a couple exprisoners that almost nobody fights in jails (pre trial detention not prisons).

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Depending where you go you will see fistfights - between men, between women and between men and women. The number of such fights depends on - the bar or colmadon - whether it is right after payday - and whether there is a full moon! Ok the last is not scientific but it seems to make the women here NUTS......... LMAO

The most entertaining fights often are between the women!

Roadrage - they yell and scream at each other but don't take out their guns! IF that were to happen with the way they drive here - oh my goodness!!!!!

Jails - no idea!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have seen 1 fist fight between guys here in 14 years. I have seen a couple between woman, both on the street in Sosua.

I have been all over the country many times, been to just about every club in the capital, good and bad :)

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Personally, I find the men here very soft. Not that I have the best gaydar, but virtually every guy I see looks gay to me. Guess it's just the North American vs Dominican definition of machismo.

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
I also have rarely seen Dominicans actually ever break into a fist fight. Usually they get all puffed up, slam their fist on a plastic table or two and then have their buddies hold them back while they throw verbal blows at each other. It always seems to be more of a machismo show than an actual fight.

Now when it comes to the girls, I have seen a few Presidente bottle blows. No fist fighting after that, usually just one woman down on the ground bleeding.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I also have rarely seen Dominicans actually ever break into a fist fight. Usually they get all puffed up, slam their fist on a plastic table or two and then have their buddies hold them back while they throw verbal blows at each other. It always seems to be more of a machismo show than an actual fight.

Now when it comes to the girls, I have seen a few Presidente bottle blows. No fist fighting after that, usually just one woman down on the ground bleeding.
Things happen exactly as you posted. Occasionally a razor (Women). Never seen a real fight in over 25 years. Actually, I'm more afraid of a Dominican Woman than I man. (So are the cops) ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Seen one fist fight in the capital, resulted in one guy running away and coming back and shooting the other one.
Saw one in Sosua years ago between 2 haitian Girls, machetes and rocks was the order of that particular fight, lots of blood and hair on the floor, I hear one of them got a face of boiling oil the next morning as she lay in bed.
Saw one with 2 American guys in Sosua, was funny as F**k, lol, kind of missing each other and not really looking at what they were doing, very very funny indeed, had everyone in stitches.
And one in Bavaro between a Russian bunch and some workers trying to get these guys out the local bar, a few punches were thrown then a gun came out from one of the Russians and everyone ran away, lol.
Dominican men in general are cowards when it comes to a dust up. They have to have something to hit you with or shoot you encase they break a nail.

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
I have seen one between a few women and all I can say it there was clothes, hair and blood everywhere but the music didn't stop and when they were done neither did the partying.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I've seen a couple. Certainly it doesn't seem like many for the quick tempers. Have seen people in proxcimity break stuff up before it starts and tempers seem to cool down fairly quick. However, there is always the occcasional deal when some disappears and returns with a machete or lately, it seems like a gun. Have seen women go at it a barrio-- love to pick up rocks and throw them.

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
In 7 years I've never seen a one on one fight in the street. Mostly just the fist pumping mucha espuma y poco chocolate kind of stuff. On the other hand, if there are about 10 of them and one of the other guy AND they are drunk they will go after you. From behind. With bottles, matchete, whatever they have. Pretty much every time somebody pulls a gun if they have it. There is no way to win a fight here, even if you physically win, the cops are gonna come after YOU.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
25 years here and have never seen or heard of a fist fight. I agree with Eddy that women are more dangerous--not from being hit, but slashed with a knife or razor blade.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
With all due respect I think that the lack of fistfights is partially due to the fact that there are limited contact sports where young men learn to hit and be hit. Many years ago here I had an argument here I think over missing money with a fellow weightlifter at a gym. (Genaros) He twitched so I fired premptive punch to his stomach. The shock of all the guys in the gym and the guy combined a serious lecture about "no hitting" during an argument made me ashamed. These were all big strong adult men at a lower class gym. But in those times I never saw or heard about guns here.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
when in a strange country try not to go round punching random people it never works out well...are you for real ?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
anastacio where on earth do you hang out or do you make up this stuff as you go along

It is mentioned where I witnessed these, with the girls was in your beloved town, and also the most funny pathetic one also.
Apart from that I don't think in all these years 3 fights is a lot to have seen, considering where I've lived. I do get out and about, and I am not in bed by 8pm.
Why is what I have seen so different from others? Why do you moan like a rusty pussy whenever Sosua is mentioned?

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Africaida Another advice: NEVER, EVER twitch around Santiaguero :) :)_Good Point Mam but I am much less medieval in my last chapter.