NFL on Dish Network

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have a legal Dish Network High-Def satellite system with 2 dishes and 3 LNBs. Can some of you satellite gurus answer the following questions:

1) DirectTV has the exclusive on NFL Sunday Ticket where they show all the games, so its not possible on Dish Network right? (Of course I will get the Sunday and Monday night games on TNT, ESPN, and the featured games on Sunday afternoons on NBC and FOX).

2) Dish Network has NFL Red Zone channel where you can get all games once they go into the 20 yd line, right? How much is that service and can you just add that channel by itself or do you need buy a package? Is that channel in HD?

3) I read somewhere that I could purchase the Fox Sports package where they will show the NFL Fox local games (basically the NFC home games I think). I follow the Dallas Cowboys, an NFC team, so theoretically I would be getting those Dallas games where the home team is an NFC team. I have a lot of conflicting information on this, can somebody give me a straight answer?

4) Does anybody know when Dish Network will have CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX in HD?

Thanks for any answers or help.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you get Sky, you can get the NFL Sunday ticket for $100 now. This is a special. It is the same thing as Direct TV Sunday ticket. Normally it is about $250, but if you sign a contract now you can get the deal.

On Dish you can hunt for the local channels in other parts of the country and get almost all the NFL games live. But I don't know your set up.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Last season I only got 2 or 3 games on Sunday afternoon, even though I did sign up for a premium package that costs about $110 per month. I'm still thinking if I get that Fox Sports package, that I get a lot of local FOX stations which should show many more games, especially NFC teams, but I'm not sure, was hoping somebody knew about this.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
I have direct TV in the DR. My units in the DR are on my contract as additional receivers. I purchase the NFL package and access the games both in Florida and the DR. Some of the games in the Florida area are blacked out since they would be on the local channels there. Also, due to which satellite the particular signal is beamed from, I cannot get the complete line up of games. I also am a Cowboy fan, and cannot get some of their games through the package, and sometimes have to watch through local cable company service in Santo Domingo.It seems we cannot get everything we want here, but I am glad that we can get most of it. IF you like football alot, you can go to thre centro olympico in Santo Domingo on the 21st and watch the opening pre-season game of the LDFA ( Dominican League of Amereican football. This game will be between the Eagles of Santiago, and the Santo Domingo Sharks. There will be a series of games for the season in Santiago, Cap Cana, and Santo Domingo. The schedule is being finalized now. I was one of the founders of the Dominican Raiders here in thre 1980"s, and many of the older players are coaching and helping the next generation develop the sport here. We are also training referees ( as best as we can ) so that the game can be as close as possible to the US way.
If I can be of help, you may e-mail me at AJL6767@aol.com.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
we buy the NFL ticket for the computer and just hook the computer to our TV. Because we have a Miami IP address it works for us :) We get all the games and all the archived games from last year also. I can pretty much watch as much football as I want.

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007
best advice i would give is if you can get direct tv.. dish isnt that good and as of now direct tv has contract signed to carry NFL thru 2014... If you have dish network and it gets NFL channel then you can get there red zone channel.