Veron, Punta cana

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Any info about the area would help. Distance from beach, shopping, banks, area crime or not etc. Anything that can help decided wether or not someone should buy property for building a house would help.

Thanks
Steve

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Veron is typically where a lot of the poorer workers who work in Punta Cana/Bavaro Live. It is a fair trip to the beach so be aware where you are buying. A few wonderful looking traditionally coloured wooden homes there and a few new builds going up by natives, this measn nothing to foreigners but I did notice some half attempts last time I drove through. I wouldn't live there based on I only know of very very poor people who do live there, I'd imagine it can be quite rough, and there is not a lot to do, even by Punta Cana standards.

Hopefully someone else will know more than I do.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Veron is about 15 or 20 minutes by car from the beach. It is close to the airport, and also Supermarket Nacional. and Super Pola.
Banks are all over. As far as living there, I really can't say. It is not a tourist area at all. That is up to you.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I am living since one and a half years in Veron. It was difficult to find an apartment what is big enough, new enough and in an area quiet enough. We found one after moving twice. My wife is Dominican, so she don't like too much living in 'residenciales for gringos ;)'. The advantage of Veron is, you have shops, supermarket, Burger King, some (basic) eateries, colmados, hair dresser, ferreterias, school, everything easy to reach. To find something nice and big enough is quite a challenge though. We are looking (again) for something bigger since I am working from home. A police friend told me that certain parts of Veron are safer than Pueblo Bavaro. A lot I was offered the other day was about 550 RD$ / square meter. Internet (Wimax Tricom) works very good in Veron, having two lines with them. Orange does not work. If you want to know more, just post it here, I will try to answer.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
If you were to label Veron in north american terms it would be a "blue collar" community. It comes with an assortment of: people, building architecture, commercial establishments, all with the associated baggage.

If you desire a tranquil location it is not the place for you.

Regards,

PJT

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks for the info. As far as being Expat friendly...Im not looking for that. I lived in Los Mameys while building 3 houses there for 2 months. Never felt uncomfortable just gotta act like you belong there. I also lived in Czech Republic for 2 years in 1992 only 3 years after the fall of comunisum. Wherever I go I always like to be with the people of the places I visit. If you only go where your kind goes or hang out with your people you never get to know a place or the real people of that country. My ideal place would be land about 4000 sq eters with a little house that I could live in while I built a bigger house. Ideal place would be near the beach and close to a marina. I like to fish and I like to tinker with plants. So thats why I would like land but also close but not on the beach. Just got some leads on some land there but want to know a little before I spend a couple of days driving and looking.

gilligan

Jun 27, 2011
I am interested in Pueblo Bavaro after visiting a few properties there during the day. Is it quiet at night?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I am interested in Pueblo Bavaro after visiting a few properties there during the day. Is it quiet at night?

Well, we are going to move to Pueblo Bavaro in a week. And I hope it will be quiet at night. But I think it will be, since it is more of a residential area than Veron where I am living now (a quiet part of Veron). Take care with the houses. We looked at several and everything offered in the price range 300 to 400 was absolutely terrible. Run down and small. We will rent for 500 $ now. I am talking houses, don't know apartments.

Update to my older post: Orange installed new antenna it is working like a charm now.

gilligan

Jun 27, 2011
Caribmike: "Well, we are going to move to Pueblo Bavaro in a week."

Hopefully we'll be neighbours soon. I like PB, it's like a north american subdivision except prettier. I like the dedicated green space and hope it stays that way. If it's true that there is potable water with good water pressure throughout with an up-to-date sewage system and I have no problems getting internet and english tv then it sounds even better. Good luck with your move.

Last edited:

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
Well, i really can say that pueblo bavaro area its better than other because here we have all the services of veron but with better organitation than veron area, im living here by three month allready and everything is just perfect here even for my two kids, just that sometimes water get cut at very early in the morning.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Really? Horrible?

Veron looks ok when one drives through. I would think for locals Veron is usefull for some errands. There are some large plazas there with banks and stores.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Made it to Pueblo Bavaro finally. OK it is cleaner and quiet compared to Veron.
Veron a 'horrible place'?
Well, it might be, but only for people not used to the real Dominican Republic...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The best place to be

Made it to Pueblo Bavaro finally. OK it is cleaner and quiet compared to Veron.

The American-Cuban couple who were killed there on Monday called Pueblo Bavaro ?el mejor lugar para estar?.

donP