K1 Visa Interview Help

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Hello Everyone--

My I129F petition for my fianc? visa was just approved and forwarded to the Consulate in Santo Domingo. So, she and I are anticipating that our interview date will be scheduled in the next few months. My fianc? is interested in talking with someone who has gone through the K1 interview process in Santo Domingo.

She and I have excellent bona fides in terms of establishing that we have a real relationship. I do not anticipate that aspect of the interview process being a problem, at all. She is just a little nervous about the interview and would like to speak with someone who has done the interview before.

She lives in Santo Domingo and I live in the states. So, it would be ideal if you also live in the capital. Thank you all in advance for your help.

--Sincerely, G.G.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
It doesn't matter where in the D.R. you live, all Interviews are at the Consulate in S.D.
Assuming all of your documentation is correct, the Interview is not frightful, if you appear to be a real couple, have some photos and maybe Western Union vouchers or also maybe phone bills to show a real relationship. The medical was the worst part for my ex-wife, she found it intrusive although she was very nervous. I went along and being a tall American just went to the front of the line and got right in. It is best if you go with her to the Interview so she won't be bullied or afraid. That really helps.
So it's not bad unless you have issues, but for the most part if you have issues you wouldn't be getting an interview me thinks.

ray718

May 28, 2010
K1 Visa Interview

i was wondering if you have to be present for your fiance visa interview? Are they not going to interview her about the relationship?

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007
If your smart you BETTER BE AT THAT INTERVIEW. It is suicide if you arent.. should be between 5-7 months from day the consulate received it... You want all info go to www.dominicanstousa.com they will give you all the answers you need as well as questions you will possibly be asked

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
You are welcome to PM me with any questions. My husband (Dominican) and I (gringa) did the K-1 interview in March 2010. Apart from our nerves and having to get up so early, it was totally painless. They are trained to spot fraud and if you have nothing to worry about, then it's fine.

I strongly recommend going to the interview. If you don't, they will see it as a sign that it's not a real relationship.

Good luck!

Found the link of the post I did after the interview: K1 Visa Interview Experience

Last edited:

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
I just wanted to take a moment to follow up with this post and let all of you who gave me advice know that my fianc? and I had our interview and her visa was approved! Mitch thanks for the practice questions, they were a big help.

M.Hernandez

Guzman Ariza/Malcolm Cisneros
Dec 22, 2010
you can visit and refer to the visa section of this website if you would like more information regarding the K1 Visa.