Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad very sad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad very sad

He was 34 years old, dominican, family of my wife's. He went to help a couple of friends move some furniture here in santiago. He did not know it was stolen. When the police stopped the truck his friends took off. He did not think there was any big problem so the police took him into custody. They litterly beat him to death. This is standard police procedure in this beautiful country. This is why when you read in the paper that somebody confessed, think about it. He died because HE WOULD NOT CONFESS to a crime he did not do. I saw the beaten body, we buried him last saterday. He left his young pregnant wife behind.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Paradise has it's limitations. One of them is a hatred for thieves. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong "friends"!!!!!!

RIP!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How can they just beat someone to death and get away with it ? I understand detaining someone for theft, but beat to death... wht the ***k...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canadaborn View Post
    He was 34 years old, dominican, family of my wife's. He went to help a couple of friends move some furniture here in santiago. He did not know it was stolen. When the police stopped the truck his friends took off. He did not think there was any big problem so the police took him into custody. They litterly beat him to death. This is standard police procedure in this beautiful country. This is why when you read in the paper that somebody confessed, think about it. He died because HE WOULD NOT CONFESS to a crime he did not do. I saw the beaten body, we buried him last saterday. He left his young pregnant wife behind.
    It is sad and totally unnecessary.

Those cops wouldn't have had to lay a finger on me. I would have given them the names, telephone numbers, addresses, nicknames and all aliases and most probable current location of each and every one of the 'friends' who set me up like that.

I would've gone so far as to call these bums Mami's house to try to locate them, promising that I was in possession of their furniture and the misunderstanding with the police had been cleared up.

What could he possibly have been thinking?

5. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It is sad but true. I've read it and said it - You are who you associate with. Unfortunately this stuff happens and sometimes it happens to the wrong people. And sometimes we do not have the whole picture.

Canadaborn - I am sorry really for the loss. How long have you lived here?

MWpending - same question how long have you lived here? You seem so shocked. Those who have lived here longer will not be shocked by this. Maybe we are too used to things and should be more upset.

7. Likes DR Mpe liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

did they even give the guy a chance to plead his case ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

DMV123 I don't live there yet, so Yeah I am shocked.... its just kind of out of the norm for me to read those type of things and the police get away with that type of behaivor.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MWpending View Post
    DMV123 I don't live there yet, so Yeah I am shocked.... its just kind of out of the norm for me to read those type of things and the police get away with that type of behaivor.
    This is a developing country, a latino country and a bit of the wild wild west....... Some of us are too used to it here I think.

11. Likes Africaida, DR Mpe liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just when you think the country has become civilized that happens...2 steps forward then 7 back...

13. Likes SKing liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DMV123 I dont no if i would ever be able to get use to something like that, but i will keep my mouth shut and my opinion to myself when i move there. ( in public at least).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast