Moving sale in Santiago

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Fellow members,

We will have a moving sale on the 28th of May. There are many items for sale, please check out the Advertisement section of the site.
Thank you!

The Hun

Last edited by a moderator:

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
no sticker shock

Why is it no one puts prices on anything in the country. Like all the se vende signs on cars, no prices. I may want your car for 10k and if you are asking 12k we can deal, but if you want 20k I don't want to waste my time calling. At least price the cars and quad.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
It's the culture. it is conducive to haggling, which by the way it originated in DR.
No other people have master the art of haggling as Dominicans.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition, V-6 VVTi, 4x4, Automatic, Price: US$ 22,000-, we are the first owner and imported it from the US, 67K original miles - clean records
the ATV is Yamaha Kodiak 450 Special Edition, 4x4, diff. lock, Automatic with lots of extras Price: $ 6000- also first owner, imported from the US

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
It's the culture. it is conducive to haggling, which by the way it originated in DR.
No other people have master the art of haggling as Dominicans.

No.... I believe the Moroccans have us beat by a lot. They start selling you something for say $100 dollars, then end up selling it to you for $20 dollars. Thats an 80% discount. I don't think we Dominicans would doe such a thing.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Hun", Here Is Another IDEA!!!!!

What Model Year are the vehicles?....2000,2005,1902????????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The Dominicans love to "Haggle"!
They start VERY HIGH,get down to "A Little High",and will settle at "Too Much"!

There is only one,
Commodity" in the DR that is still a "Bargain"!!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is the classified ad.

=================

Moving sale on Saturday, May 28 2011 from 9AM to 7PM.
Address: Calle 12 Este #7,Villa Maria, Santiago. (Off Autopista Duarte, almost behind HOMS)

The following items are for sale among others:
2005 Toyota 4Runner V-6,Automatic, we own this car since new
2006 Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV with many extras, own it since new
Corner computer/office desk with filing cabinets (BUSH) for home or office
Protector safe with digital lock ( 59'' tall, 21'' wide and 16'' deep)
Maytag EPIC washer and dryer (electrical)
Bar with chairs and corner shelf unit
Very large stainless steel gas BBQ grill with built in warmer and oven
Large corner entertainment center
Leather sofa, loveseat and chair (all recline)
Massage chair and foot massage
Office desk
MABE gas stove
Gas tanks
Gas water heaters
2.5 Kw Inverter with 4 batteries
Frigidaire commercial grade standing freezer
Air conditioners
Fishing rod/reel combos
Hoyt Vipertec compound bow, 60-70lbs, 28-30" RH, fully equipped
32" Samsung HDTV
Wireless alarm system
Water coolers, kitchen items, english books for kids and many more thing ....

For directions e-mail kerekesfamily@gmail.com or call 829-654-4567.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
We are setting up a photobucket site with pictures, so everyone can see what we have for sale. I'll post the link soon.
Thank you!

The Hun

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You're breaking my heart, wish we were in DR to buy some of this!

Are you leaving the country? If so, you'll be leaving a void in the automobile business from what I hear about you......

Best of luck to you whatever you do

AE

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition, V-6 VVTi, 4x4, Automatic, Price: US$ 22,000-, we are the first owner and imported it from the US, 67K original miles - clean records
the ATV is Yamaha Kodiak 450 Special Edition, 4x4, diff. lock, Automatic with lots of extras Price: $ 6000- also first owner, imported from the US

2005 Toyota 4Runner for US $22,000 a 6 year old vehicle in this country nooooooo you ain't going to get it possibly US$18,000-19,500 at most!!!! For that price one could get a newer more modern vehicle possibly less mileage. Lets not forget those are gaz guzzlers people more and more there are strarting to cutback on those big SUV's notice how popular Honda CR-V and Toyota Rav4 have become??

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Thank you!

You're breaking my heart, wish we were in DR to buy some of this!

Are you leaving the country? If so, you'll be leaving a void in the automobile business from what I hear about you......

Best of luck to you whatever you do

AE

Thank you very much!

TheHun

May 4, 2008
2005 Toyota 4Runner for US $22,000 a 6 year old vehicle in this country nooooooo you ain't going to get it possibly US$18,000-19,500 at most!!!! For that price one could get a newer more modern vehicle possibly less mileage. Lets not forget those are gaz guzzlers people more and more there are strarting to cutback on those big SUV's notice how popular Honda CR-V and Toyota Rav4 have become??

I appreciate your note. I'm in the automotive business and kind of know the prices and the value of the vehicles.
The 4Runners are one of the most popular SUVs in the DR. They are well built and can take the beatings of the DR roads and climate while requires little maintenance and very comfortable.
This SUV is not your regular Dominican car, imported by a used car dealership with 170K miles - rolled back to 45K, flooded or salvaged previously. This one comes with clean records, serviced by an ASE master tech regularly and the car is in top-notch shape. The price includes about US$ 500 worth of new service parts also.
I already have few inquires about the car.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
where are you moving senor de hun...??
so i will have to find someone else to build in my ajustment in the car...

well take care..
and good luck on your new venture

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Thank you, pas!
We are moving to Canada. I'll be still here on the board, so if someone has a question with car repair, I'll do my best to help.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I know this poster and his personal effects will all be top quality. Nothing will be misrepresented or in poor condition. The Hun is a very meticulous and honest person. Best of luck in Canada. Guess you will be able to return to hunting.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I'll miss you guys, and especially that Hungarian stew.....ummmmm, ummmmm, that was some kind of delicious!!!

SHALENA
P.S. Why Canada?!?!

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I,And I Bet Others Too,Would Like To K now Why U R Leaving ?This IS PARADISE after

All!

Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
yes, Why U R leaving????? My guess its work related that Dominicans do not want to spend any money to keep their cars up!!!
They will part with a buck when it quits running but change the oil??? Not needed as its still runs ok on the old oil!!