Psych Meds (Seroquel)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Get the official medical name, write it on a piece of paper and take it to the farmacia. Say to the pharmacist in very broken Spanish "Um...mi dok-tor in los stados nidos me.....um.....di-hoe k necesito este" then point to the paper. If they have it, they will give it to you prescription or not.
When I worked in NYC and lived in Santiago they girls (fellow nurses) played a game with me of "I bet they won't give you THIS" and someone would name a med and sure enough, I always got it. Heart meds, anti-dependants, the abortion pill.....

SHALENA

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I suspect the problem will be more one of finding it than obtaining it. If you have been taking Seroquel in your home country, I don't need to tell you that you will need to stop at the bank before you go to the pharmacy; unless of course, as with many things, there are cheap pirate generic versions available in the DR. The patent expires in the US next year. The medical name is Quetiapine.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
jesus, people, stop worshiping big labs and open your eyes to generics!
seroquel is quetiapina, widely available in DR over the counter. under the name of seroquel it is sold in DR at about 100 pesos per pill (100mg).
there are several great labs doing the same compound:
quetiazic (asofarma) at 70 pesos per pill
serenil (lab dr collado) at 52 pesos a pill
quetiap (euro) at 60 pesos a pill
all prices for 100mg. also available in 150, 200 and 300mg. serenil is probably the best.
cheers

Canadiensita

May 21, 2011
I am really impressed and concerned at the same time.

Hopefully if you are prescribed Seroquel anywhere you are being monitored fairly closely - it is still an antipsychotic even if it is atypical and used in smaller doses for non-psychotic diagnoses!

That said, I am wondering how I can research obtaining generic versions of Altruline - it is an older formulation and about 85 pesos a day!

I am glad to see this topic - everyone I know here, I work with and I am very reluctant to discuss my medication with them!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
compound name sertralina. i cannot remember brand names off the top of my head but there are generics made in DR. i wil give more info on monday when i get to work.
it is not known, i think, but many "psych meds" are sold in DR over the counter, including prozac :)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Skiing, that is the absolute opposite of my experience. I have been trying to get some very strong pain killers for my back, I go into every Pharmacy I pass on the off chance, in Santo Domingo, no luck without prescription. My doctor is reluctant to prescribe me long term strong pain killers for fear of addiction, but to be honest I'd rather be addicted to a med than deal with this, but so is life, hmph!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is the medicine, anastacio?
just about the only painkiller they will not sell over the counter is morphine.

Canadiensita

May 21, 2011
I would think it is different for narcotic pain killers... They probably care more about trafficking potential than ease of access.
Nobody I ever heard of parties with Seroquel or heart meds :)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
what is the medicine, anastacio?
just about the only painkiller they will not sell over the counter is morphine.

I used to use Oxycodone or is it Oxycodine? Possibly both!:confused: I ask for Oxycodone and they just look at me like I'm an alien asking for crackly space dust!

Nov 10, 2010
jesus, people, stop worshiping big labs and open your eyes to generics!
seroquel is quetiapina, widely available in DR over the counter. under the name of seroquel it is sold in DR at about 100 pesos per pill (100mg).
there are several great labs doing the same compound:
quetiazic (asofarma) at 70 pesos per pill
serenil (lab dr collado) at 52 pesos a pill
quetiap (euro) at 60 pesos a pill
all prices for 100mg. also available in 150, 200 and 300mg. serenil is probably the best.
cheers

100rd a pill............... thats a low price........... very low........ it would make me question the quality. I know these meds and i know their US prices.......... hmmmmmmmmmmm
my 2 cents

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
100rd a pill............... thats a low price........... very low........ it would make me question the quality. I know these meds and i know their US prices.......... hmmmmmmmmmmm
my 2 cents

Buy Seroquel Online - No Prescription Required

I suggest checking the price against online Canadian pharmacies rather than the US prices which are always sold at absolute global top dollar.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, folks. meds sold in DR under the same brand name as in the USA are the same. the only difference is a factory that makes them. large companies have plants all over the world so they can supply different areas. seroquel, therefore, will be seroquel. and i think 100 pesos per pill is a whooping price tag. this is around 3 dollars. for one pill only. link above gives a price of 51 dollars for a box of 30 pills (100mg). that is 1.7 dollars a pill. half the dominican price. still think dominican pharmacies sell it cheap, dude?

oxycodone (a compound anastacio is looking for) is one of the synthetic opioid. i am not sure it is sold in DR but we do have a similar kind of a drug: codeine. available over the counter combined with diclofenac, under the name OXA FORTE. about 45 pesos a pill, if i remember it right.
there is also tranquilizante used to manage pain (in combination with pain killers): amitriptyline (about 15 pesos per pill). i take it sometimes when i have migraines.

i remember now one generic brand name of sertralina: IMPLICANE (by asofarma, a mexican lab). 50 pesos per pill, or so.

remember that it pays off more to buy a box of pills. you can ask for a discount when paying cash (usually 10% off). if you think it is not much then look at it this way: on daily use pills (heart, pressure, diabetes) you get one free month in a year. i do not think it is too shabby, do you?

btw, shalena is right. most of prescription only meds (america and europe) are sold here over the counter.

please note that i am not giving medical advice here. i am only telling you what is available. you should always cosult your doctor to check if those meds are good for you.

Nov 10, 2010
hi

ok, folks. meds sold in DR under the same brand name as in the USA are the same. the only difference is a factory that makes them. large companies have plants all over the world so they can supply different areas. seroquel, therefore, will be seroquel. and i think 100 pesos per pill is a whooping price tag. this is around 3 dollars. for one pill only. link above gives a price of 51 dollars for a box of 30 pills (100mg). that is 1.7 dollars a pill. half the dominican price. still think dominican pharmacies sell it cheap, dude?

i am stunned

oxycodone (a compound anastacio is looking for) is one of the synthetic opioid. i am not sure it is sold in DR but we do have a similar kind of a drug: codeine. available over the counter combined with diclofenac, under the name OXA FORTE. about 45 pesos a pill, if i remember it right.
there is also tranquilizante used to manage pain (in combination with pain killers): amitriptyline (about 15 pesos per pill). i take it sometimes when i have migraines.

i remember now one generic brand name of sertralina: IMPLICANE (by asofarma, a mexican lab). 50 pesos per pill, or so.

remember that it pays off more to buy a box of pills. you can ask for a discount when paying cash (usually 10% off). if you think it is not much then look at it this way: on daily use pills (heart, pressure, diabetes) you get one free month in a year. i do not think it is too shabby, do you?

btw, shalena is right. most of prescription only meds (america and europe) are sold here over the counter.

please note that i am not giving medical advice here. i am only telling you what is available. you should always cosult your doctor to check if those meds are good for you.

i am stunned, shocked

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what's so shocking? generally the medicine in DR is quite expensive. but one can buy nearly everything without prescription.

anyways, i checked sertralina and only found IMPLICANE i mentioned above. about 35 pesos for 50mg and 50 pesos for 100mg.

anastacio: another strong medicine for pain is celocoxib, sold in DR under various brand names: celeco, impedil, coxal. between 35 and 60 pesos a pill. then we have a combination of tramadol and paracetamol sold here as zaldiar, duplodol, tolmus, tramacet. between 45 and 76 pesos a pill. and dexketoprofeno sold as enantynum at about 80 pesos a pill. all pain killers work differently and they help with different types of pain. you should check with your doctor what would be best for your ilness.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
what's so shocking? generally the medicine in DR is quite expensive. but one can buy nearly everything without prescription.

anyways, i checked sertralina and only found IMPLICANE i mentioned above. about 35 pesos for 50mg and 50 pesos for 100mg.

anastacio: another strong medicine for pain is celocoxib, sold in DR under various brand names: celeco, impedil, coxal. between 35 and 60 pesos a pill. then we have a combination of tramadol and paracetamol sold here as zaldiar, duplodol, tolmus, tramacet. between 45 and 76 pesos a pill. and dexketoprofeno sold as enantynum at about 80 pesos a pill. all pain killers work differently and they help with different types of pain. you should check with your doctor what would be best for your ilness.
It's interesting that psychotropics and codeine are available without a prescription but ADHD meds aren't.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think that dominicans do not believe in ADHD. i have several generic prozac pills, other happy drugs, piles of meds for schizofrenia - and no one buys them. you'd think they'd sell by buckets.
whenever i make an inquiry about prescription only meds i am treated like a junkie who is desperately looking for the next fix...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Anastacio, maybe ask for the drugs that have oxycodone or hydrocodone in them....like percocet, vicodin, lortab, norco, etc

SHALENA