Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: concrete path repair- calling all knowledgable builders

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default concrete path repair- calling all knowledgable builders

is there any secret stuff you can buy to repair small cracks without digging out the old stuff and using concrete....if so whats it called please

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about there, but in the US they sell something called 'cement patch' that might work for you

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

To do it properly you have to bevel the edges of the crack, somwhat like a V.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried making my crack bigger once before with the same result.....I was wondering if there was some magic new product that might work

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    I tried making my crack bigger once before with the same result.....I was wondering if there was some magic new product that might work
    Make the crack bigger-wider and deeper-but be sure to put in some reinforcing steel mesh before filling with concrete. Otherwise the thin concrete just cracks again. That's the correct to do small concrete repairs.

However, if you're unconcerned with aesthetics you could use some elastomeric sealing compound. It won't look like or harden like concrete but it'll remain somewhat flexible and won't crack. I have no idea if Ochoa or Americana carry such a product.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

New cement doesn't bond to old. You have to use a product with a binder.Dominicans always use "Cemento Blanco.NEVER works!

Just go to "Casa Depot" on 27 de Feb...........................................

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    Have you given Astroglide a shot, it can work wonders in tight places!

8. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There are products like this for concrete crack repair.
    YouTube - ‪10 Minute Concrete Mender Crack Repair‬‏
    I don't know the availability in PP or Sosua.
    Check out YouTube 'concrete crack repair" for more info and products.
    Mack.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

fill the crack with epoxy,then float surface with gray thin set, mix, lots of waterl, I use it all the time,the only thing that sticks to cement.use it in test area,you will see.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a master builder only a D.I.Y.er. I, used to mix up a fine concrete with a VERY HEAVY dose of PVA adhesive like Resin W. It worked pretty well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast