concrete path repair- calling all knowledgable builders

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
is there any secret stuff you can buy to repair small cracks without digging out the old stuff and using concrete....if so whats it called please

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't know about there, but in the US they sell something called 'cement patch' that might work for you

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I tried making my crack bigger once before with the same result.....I was wondering if there was some magic new product that might work

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I tried making my crack bigger once before with the same result.....I was wondering if there was some magic new product that might work
Make the crack bigger-wider and deeper-but be sure to put in some reinforcing steel mesh before filling with concrete. Otherwise the thin concrete just cracks again. That's the correct to do small concrete repairs.

However, if you're unconcerned with aesthetics you could use some elastomeric sealing compound. It won't look like or harden like concrete but it'll remain somewhat flexible and won't crack. I have no idea if Ochoa or Americana carry such a product.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
New cement doesn't bond to old. You have to use a product with a binder.Dominicans always use "Cemento Blanco.NEVER works!

Just go to "Casa Depot" on 27 de Feb...........................................

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Have you given Astroglide a shot, it can work wonders in tight places!

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
fill the crack with epoxy,then float surface with gray thin set, mix, lots of waterl, I use it all the time,the only thing that sticks to cement.use it in test area,you will see.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I'm not a master builder only a D.I.Y.er. I, used to mix up a fine concrete with a VERY HEAVY dose of PVA adhesive like Resin W. It worked pretty well.

Andrilg

May 22, 2011
I am profesional of construction, when i told that i can help you, i refer that, if you want that, send me more details about it, like a transit, thinkness of concrete, enviroment (trees around, water, etc..)