RIO the movie: in 3D in Santiago anywhere??

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I want to take the kids to see RIO in 3D (three dimensions). Puerto Plata only plays it in 2D.
Are there any theaters in Santiago which play it in 3D (link with schedules for Saturday?).
Thanks! ... J-D.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Are you sure? It is playing at Hollywood Cinema and at Plaza Internacional also. 3D would most likely be at Terra Mall. 300 pesos tickets gotta pay off somewhere.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I wouldn't bother anyway. I've yet to see a 3D movie here that was worth the extra money. And believe it or not, I've seen almost all of them.

The kids will get a kick out of wearing the glasses(for a little while, anyway, then they come off)

I agree, although Avatar did have some nice 3D stuff.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I wouldn't bother anyway. I've yet to see a 3D movie here that was worth the extra money. And believe it or not, I've seen almost all of them.

The kids will get a kick out of wearing the glasses(for a little while, anyway, then they come off)

I agree, although Avatar did have some nice 3D stuff.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

I thought Avatar was off the hook. I felt like I spent 3 hours in Pandora.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
To 3D or not to

I've taken the kids to a 3D animated movie in Santo Domingo once. They did not know what they had coming and had a blast. Frankly, so did I. They still talk about it.
I have seen RIO in 3D abroad and all I can say is, that if you can find it in your heart not to feel too old to enjoy an animated movie, it' FUN.

Thanks!... J-D.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That's only because you haven't seen it as many times as I have. (I'm ashamed to say how many, so don't ask)
I'd go again, for sure! If it was in 2D I wouldn't even consider it. 3D made it rock!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
what are you talking about? It is playing in one theatre at Hollywood Cinema and another one in Plaza Internacional.