Our American Dream

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Today, Chalas has an MBA, is on military leave of absence from Booz Allen, while serving as a Commander for Aviation Company 7-158th AVN for the US Army Reserves, all while maintaining her aviation currency, which requires her to fly 48 hours every six months.
Don't anyone tell me that one cannot succeed by working hard.

This woman of huge stature is a shining example of how to succeed in life. I doubt she did much sitting around, watching TV, hanging in the hood with losers, complaining about lack of opportunities and expecting free cheese.

SHE made it happen.

Chalas is on my Hero list.

PJT, thanks. I love true stories like this.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I doubt she did much sitting around, watching TV, hanging in the hood with losers, complaining about lack of opportunities and expecting free cheese.
But, but, but... life is not fair!!!!

Don't you understand how envious people feel when they see others achieving what they wished they had the guts to do and achieve?

Ough! One day, one day everything is going to be fair!!! One day!!!!!

Viva mi comandante Chavez! :cheeky:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Don't anyone tell me that one cannot succeed by working hard.

This woman of huge stature is a shining example of how to succeed in life. I doubt she did much sitting around, watching TV, hanging in the hood with losers, complaining about lack of opportunities and expecting free cheese.

SHE made it happen.

Chalas is on my Hero list.

PJT, thanks. I love true stories like this.

It is always los vagos that will usually complain about lack of oportunities in order to justify la vagancia and any effort to succeed.

Just the other day I saw here a youtube video that portrayed young Dominican barrio's females as having to depend on prostitution in order to survive because of the lack of other good oportunities, the females interviewed say they don't like to do it but I see them very happy doing what they supposedly hate, one of the inteviewed stated that she makes 1200.00 USD per month and is only raising one child and though she said she is doing it for him and talked so much nonsense, not once did she say she was going to school or a vocational training center to make her son proud in the future. She says she prostitutes to give her son a better life, but I wonder what her excuse was before having a kid.

I am tired of excuses from people to justify their behaviors, and I am tired of them saying that there aren't any opportunities, when they should really be saying " there are opportunities out there but I am to lazy to put any efforts to go after them.

10 to 1 that the hustler complaining about the lack of opportunity in the video was someone deported from NYC because he was a lazy thug just loitering on streets' corners.

tr77

May 6, 2011
Life will never be fair that is the point! You have to live life by life's rules, not your own. I am originally from the US and I love to see people from other countries who want the opportunities I have always had until my recent move. You can do anything you set your mind to!