Nice Restaurant in Puerto Plata with Live Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcd

Dec 29, 2010
hi, I'd like to go to a nice restaurant for a romantic dinner, which would preferably have a live band or sorts. Cant seem to find anything on the internet, or the forum. any suggestions are appreciated. thanks.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I don 't think you will find a romantic dinner restaurant here with live music! In fact a restaurant with live music period will be a stretch.

For a romantic dinner the restaurant at the hotel Casa Colonial will be my first choice. Expensive but excellent.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the best restaurant in Puerto Plata is the ESKINA, in front of the post office. it does not serve gourmet fare, but what it serves is well done. it is a class estabishment, and at times does have live music. otherwise, the music is jazz, played on a fairly decent system. service is good, and the clientele is always laid back and mellow. it is the best joint in POP, by a country mile.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how much are you willing to spend?
restaurants in POP are restaurants, food and no more. but you may consider a romantic drink in the bar of casa colonial - they have a piano player. followed by a dinner. drinks go for about 500. a meal for two, with wine/drink will be 5000 pesos, maybe. food is great and the service is more than fantastic.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
A very nice romantic cozy restaurant is Tres Cocos near Cofresi (closed on Tuesdays), while they do not have a live band, they do play Buddha Bar type music over the stereo. The food is probably the best in the Puerto Plata/Cofresi/Costambar area, if not on the whole North coast.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Los Tres Cocos is one of my fav's. Last trip I also had a wonderful meal at La Papillion, Villas Cofresi.

Status
Not open for further replies.