Off topic snobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

all is lost

Nov 18, 2006
Why is the OFF TOPICForum limited to shutins, computer keeks and other lifeless users, Why must you have 500 post, is it a Masonic rite or conspiracy againt those of us who sit and wait.
I personally don't believe I'll have 500 post for another 200 years and quite proud of that but on rainy days I do like some distractions. These forums are one, but the truth be known, I barely make it through two threads in any forum before my head hits the keyboard. I digress from my original intent (like so many other posters here), I feel shut out or discriminated againt, not part of the in crowd. Whats with the "we don't serve your kind here" mentality of DR1.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Why is the OFF TOPICForum limited to shutins, computer keeks and other lifeless users, Why must you have 500 post, is it a Masonic rite or conspiracy againt those of us who sit and wait.
I personally don't believe I'll have 500 post for another 200 years and quite proud of that but on rainy days I do like some distractions. These forums are one, but the truth be known, I barely make it through two threads in any forum before my head hits the keyboard. I digress from my original intent (like so many other posters here), I feel shut out or discriminated againt, not part of the in crowd. Whats with the "we don't serve your kind here" mentality of DR1.

There's a real good thread about the cost of living in the D.R. going on right now and though it's not in the "off topic" forum it's veered so far away from the original premise that it "feels" off topic and you can get a feel for what you're missing out on. It may cause you to change your mind about joining in on "off topic" discussions altogether.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Soon we will be offering a cheap pay to play option.

This will allow anyone that has a low post count or newbie to participate.

Those posters that post on a regular basis, contribute to the benefit of all and have 500+ posts have free access. It pays to contribute and participate.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Soon we will be offering a cheap pay to play option.

This will allow anyone that has a low post count or newbie to participate.

Those posters that post on a regular basis, contribute to the benefit of all and have 500+ posts have free access. It pays to contribute and participate.

Can you elaborate on that idea....it sounds interesting.?

Are you thinking kind of a 'probationary' period..... let's get to know you sort of a thing?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
There's a real good thread about the cost of living in the D.R. going on right now and though it's not in the "off topic" forum it's veered so far away from the original premise that it "feels" off topic and you can get a feel for what you're missing out on. It may cause you to change your mind about joining in on "off topic" discussions altogether.

That happens but normally comes back via the mods, me or better posters.

We have 850,000+ posts, sometimes, some of them go a little astray.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thats bound to happen.... a thought triggers another thought,..... normal evolution of a conversation.

Yet here, it can be declared piracy

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
for example:
I cannot never understand how so much emphasis is placed on being sociable with everyone only then to say "No confio en nadie". How passive aggressive is it to be pleasant with people you dont like NOR trust, even in your own family? Then I get grief because I m forward, direct and curt. "You are rude." Maybe, but if you dont trust these people anyway then who gives a damn? Why not be pleasant with people you like and trust and everyone can bite it?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can you elaborate on that idea....it sounds interesting.?

Are you thinking kind of a 'probationary' period..... let's get to know you sort of a thing?

It will be a straight up pay to play. Monthly fee that will auto renew until you reach 500 posts or cancel.

Anyone can join. The Off Topic forum is a lot more open and has only a few rules compared to all the other forums.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It will be a straight up pay to play. Monthly fee that will auto renew until you reach 500 posts or cancel.

Anyone can join. The Off Topic forum is a lot more open and has only a few rules compared to all the other forums.

A revenue producer and a useful tool all in one....... good idea!!

In spite of the oft-mentioned criticisms, there a wealth of knowledge offered here which has pointed me in the right direction more than once and saved my 'burro' many times..!!!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
for example:
I cannot never understand how so much emphasis is placed on being sociable with everyone only then to say "No confio en nadie". How passive aggressive is it to be pleasant with people you dont like NOR trust, even in your own family? Then I get grief because I m forward, direct and curt. "You are rude." Maybe, but if you dont trust these people anyway then who gives a damn? Why not be pleasant with people you like and trust and everyone can bite it?

All of the best people I've ever known have had the same thing in common. They could always find something complimentary or useful in everyone they encountered. Always positive and constructive. I wish I could be more like them but it's not in my nature.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

You insult 1/2 of the losers that live on this site, yet you want to be one of us. I am a little confused here.....ahhhh WTF...let this wanker post in the "Off Topic" thread, I will pay his way and collect later.

Shut in Tambo'

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
All of the best people I've ever known have had the same thing in common. They could always find something complimentary or useful in everyone they encountered. Always positive and constructive. I wish I could be more like them but it's not in my nature.

.......is all I m saying. Besides you and I know these people you describe are massive gossips. Smile in your face, stab you in the back.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010

oih I better hurry
Manu

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Go Back And Read Some OF "All In One's" 31 Posts!

we ain't missing much by him not being able to post!!

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

May 5, 2007
I guess I need to post some, well "less than informative" posts to add 20 or so to my total<O:p</O:p

Someone insult me or something so I can find a reason to make nonsensical replies :p<O:p</O:p

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I guess I need to post some, well "less than informative" posts to add 20 or so to my total<O:p</O:p

Someone insult me or something so I can find a reason to make nonsensical replies :p<O:p</O:p

That's the spirit.

You have true "post whore" potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.