Guinea Hens

Nov 25, 2008
COOK IT THE SAME WAY YOU DO A CHICKEN, I personally like to roast it in the oven for a good while 3hr., the meat just pops out of the bone

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
Ok, I will try that. I had heard it was a little tougher than chicken therefore needed to be cooked a little longer that is why I am asking. But I heard it was some good eatin if cooked right. Thanks again...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I always brine the bird first... talking here about RD chicken... it could'nt hurt for the Guinea hen either

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think he is about 5 pounds, would you suggest I have him cut into pieces first or brine him whole?
Either works..... Use Lindsey Kauffman's resource..Serious BBQ by Adam Perry Lang for the brine recipe and timing.

Pieces might allow more flexibility for cooking times... some longer than others to avoid the 'rarebird' problem :))

Try this.... its a turkey recipe but will work fine

Brining Turkey Article - Allrecipes.com

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
This may be what my wife uses the pressure cooker for? sp? gargenia?? not sure. It is a treat for many dominicans.

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
This may be what my wife uses the pressure cooker for? sp? gargenia?? not sure. It is a treat for many dominicans.

Yep that would be it. That is what I hear as well. My sister bought me some when she came to visit she said it would help with the flea and ticks in the yard since I have a dog. But she didn't know that she bought 2 males instead of one and the one has gotten so aggressive that when I shew him away so the others can eat when I turn my back I can see him trying to rush at me (as if) so he has got to go...into the pot or grill he will be. @ WW I make some killer BBQ sauce so maybe that is how he will end up. Thanks for all the ideas!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Some of the best Guinea hen is like "coq au vin" ...just sauteed a good bit longer....

So please tell us what you do. a lot of hungry folks would like to know.

HB

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
Some of the best Guinea hen is like "coq au vin" ...just sauteed a good bit longer....

So please tell us what you do. a lot of hungry folks would like to know.

HB

LOL I will keep everyone posted! I am making myself hungry thinking of what sides I want to go with him. BBQ and homemade baked beans(ground beef added), roasted and some roasted garlic and thyme potatoes...I was going to cook him in honor of Memorial Day in the states on Monday, but he might get plucked tonight!!!

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Yep that would be it. That is what I hear as well. My sister bought me some when she came to visit she said it would help with the flea and ticks in the yard since I have a dog. But she didn't know that she bought 2 males instead of one and the one has gotten so aggressive that when I shew him away so the others can eat when I turn my back I can see him trying to rush at me (as if) so he has got to go...into the pot or grill he will be. @ WW I make some killer BBQ sauce so maybe that is how he will end up. Thanks for all the ideas!!!

Did anyone else get lost here!! God Bless any way you COOK!!